Bad knock after injector swap

mpowerstroketwins08

Reaction score
I just finished changing injectors on the driver side. I go to start up and a bad knock and dark grey/ black smoke poring out of tail pipe.. cylinder 5 misfire/ unbalanced codes came up. It ran fine this morning when I pulled the truck around to the back of my house. Ps I had the same codes come up like two weeks ago cleared them and the truck ran fine

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

mpowerstroketwins08

Reaction score
I just finished changing injectors on the driver side. I go to start up and a bad knock and dark grey/ black smoke poring out of tail pipe.. cylinder 5 misfire/ unbalanced codes came up. It ran fine this morning when I pulled the truck around to the back of my house. Ps I had the same codes come up like two weeks ago cleared them and the truck ran fine

Also threw new rocker arms on

kingbrent1969

Reaction score
Rocker arm clip came off. Is what I am betting and rocker arm is laying inside head. Take valve cover back off and check. Had the same thing happen to me. Thanks to the great plastic clips.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

mpowerstroketwins08

Reaction score
Rocker arm clip came off. Is what I am betting and rocker arm is laying inside head. Take valve cover back off and check. Had the same thing happen to me. Thanks to the great plastic clips.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Apparently I changed the even cylinder injectors. (Driver side ) would cylinder 5 codes still come up? Wondering if I should just tear the passenger side down as that is the code that came up

mpowerstroketwins08

Reaction score
Anybody have any input. Should I tear into the passenger side(which I changed injectors and rockers last year. And cylinder 5 codes coming up)... Or tear into driver side which I just replaced today

78f100

Reaction score
It sounds like you are gonna have to tear into the passenger side. Don't let a injector ruin your whole engine. If its doing that now its a matter of time before it sticks open and bad things happen. You could look at a cylinder contribution test if you have access to a scanner but they rarely throw a code for the wrong cylinder if that's what your asking. The CCB test will read crankshaft speed as each cylinder fires in graph form so you can see exactly what cylinder it is causing problems.

mpowerstroketwins08

Reaction score
It sounds like you are gonna have to tear into the passenger side. Don't let a injector ruin your whole engine. If its doing that now its a matter of time before it sticks open and bad things happen. You could look at a cylinder contribution test if you have access to a scanner but they rarely throw a code for the wrong cylinder if that's what your asking. The CCB test will read crankshaft speed as each cylinder fires in graph form so you can see exactly what cylinder it is causing problems.
Ya I got the cylinder 5 injector swapped. But I broke the plastic heater piece thats tucked in under the wires along the valve cover. I'm having some trouble getting it out

78f100

Reaction score
Tiny angle drill and a reverse bit may do it. You might have to pull the heater box though. No limit and rcd iirc make a reroute kit for that plastic line. I broke mine years ago and built my own out of heater hose and the factory end to the front cuver.

mpowerstroketwins08

Reaction score
Tiny angle drill and a reverse bit may do it. You might have to pull the heater box though. No limit and rcd iirc make a reroute kit for that plastic line. I broke mine years ago and built my own out of heater hose and the factory end to the front cuver.
Nice. I ordered the heater hose from no limit. I will look like into the angle drill. Thanks for the advice.

mpowerstroketwins08

Reaction score
I still have the same issue. I took a video this time but it won't let me upload it. Bellowing smoke and a bad knock

mpowerstroketwins08

Reaction score
I took it to a shop. One of my reman injectors was dumping fuel. I swapped it. The knock went away but lots of white exhaust. Any thoughts on what it could be? The truck is still at the shop they will plug into it tomorrow.

mpowerstroketwins08

Reaction score
So the mechanic said the white smoke was just access fuel from that bad injector. Runs like a top. Although it cranks over for like twice as long before firing

Latest posts

Members online