Couple pics of the gasket:
IMG_0014_zpshp0dfata.jpg

IMG_0015_zpsqd0i6hds.jpg

IMG_0016_zpsfajpwz5y.jpg

IMG_0017_zps7lhyc9a1.jpg

IMG_0018_zpsltci4whv.jpg

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I'm thinking of using the stock lpop for start up. Don't like the thought of putting my $700 pump at risk

njjeep

Reaction score
The front cover almost needs studs tig welded there in the corners. There is not enough fasteners to use a gasket imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
The front cover almost needs studs tig welded there in the corners. There is not enough fasteners to use a gasket imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a a guy from VA that can tig weld. He's a little weird looking though. I'm sure magnum can look past that though. Lol!

Attachments

• zoolander-magnum.png
    zoolander-magnum.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 93

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I Kinda like Bob the cat. Tater tots for brains, not quite all there, sorta like me

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I put more stuff on, still need to put rear end parts on. Gotta take old wear ring off. Does anybody have a spare fuel pump I could use to run engine stand?

m j

Reaction score
what did you do for rockers? my core had some ugly wear on the valve tips so I assume I need rockers. $23 each seems steep

I bought a new pan and dipstick adapter to go with the oil pan gasket. going to use a viton oring

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Bought 2 new ones to compare to. Just don't have the funds to buy all new rockers. Use the IH rtv gasket maker around the dip stick adapter.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
oh man does that pan gasket look like troubles. Keep us updated

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Hmnn. I could never make a living assembling engines............

When block is received back, before anything else, every hole inspected and chased, every flat surface touched with a flat file to check for burrs, any gasket surface not showing bright cast iron wet sanded with emory and oil using care not to round off any surfaces. All passages cleaned with a brush. Blow through every oil passage and verify. Test fit cam before any other assembly. Cylinder bores washed with soap and water until a white cloth comes clean. Every bolt wire wheeled. All clearances measured. I expect piston clearance maintained within .0005 cylinder to cylinder. Usually test assemble the rotating assembly without rings to verify piston protrusion, rod to jet clearances etc. Meanwhile all the time I'm working on this, my clothes are clean, I blow my clothes off before entering the area, engine always wrapped when not working on it and no passages left open for anything to get or fall into.

you sound like me when Im doing a fuel system

Reaction score
you sound like me when Im doing a fuel system

Oh man, don't get me started on fuel system cleanliness, especially older systems with 6 or 8 high pressure lines!

Not getting a speck of grit into a brand new injector who's line connection is funnel shaped and facing upwards makes me a little nutty about keeping things clean and cleaning in general.

PSD injectors and fuel system cleanliness critical too just not quite like IDI.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Got oil in the motor, and mocked up on engine stand with blank tranny. Gonna get battery and crank it over to get oil pumping.

Latest posts

Members online