Merry Christmas to Me!

JDelaney

Reaction score
Unlimited 238/100s. I put a set of those and a S369SXE in a buddy's truck last year and really like how it runs. With the 364.5 I'll be down a bit on the top end but it should run pretty good on the bottom through the mid range.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Unlimited 238/100s. I put a set of those and a S369SXE in a buddy's truck last year and really like how it runs. With the 364.5 I'll be down a bit on the top end but it should run pretty good on the bottom through the mid range.
Sweet!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Swaan

Reaction score

You'd be surprised. I bet it won't be down too much on the top end just smoke a bit compared to the 69

JDelaney

Reaction score
The hot set up a few years ago was a set of 238s and 38R. I figured since the 364.5 outflows the 38R that it should do just fine. I'll have to line up with my buddy's truck and see, lol.

The Brad

Reaction score
I’m curious to see what you think about 30 vs. 80% nozzles for daily driving. 30s are recommended pretty often by vendors on FB, but loathed on the forums. Obviously 160s and 238s are no comparison, but for normal driving, you’re probably using less than 100cc.

Is your SXE a 68 or 74mm turbine? A 1.00 housing will be a good idea!

TMCCOY

Reaction score
That much injector should make a big difference! I bet the 364.5 will do fine. Worst case, swapping a 366 or 369 isn't too bad by the time you pimp the 364.5... Check out 1023 tunes, I bought 4 and they're the best yet. Enjoy the head studs in chassis, I bet they'll be fun! What is the reputed boost limit for stock bolts & HG's anyway??

JDelaney

Reaction score
That much injector should make a big difference! I bet the 364.5 will do fine. Worst case, swapping a 366 or 369 isn't too bad by the time you pimp the 364.5... Check out 1023 tunes, I bought 4 and they're the best yet. Enjoy the head studs in chassis, I bet they'll be fun! What is the reputed boost limit for stock bolts & HG's anyway??

I put 238/100s, 369, studs, springs, and pushrods in a buddy's truck last year. The 369 doesn't spool nearly as fast as a 364.5 but damn does it run on the top end! Head studs aren't bad. Just unbolt a motor mount and jack the engine up.

superpsd

Reaction score
Cylinder presure is what blows the gaskets. Which varies a lot with load, fueling, rpm, timing, (tuning) etc. Too much timing advance with heavy fueling at low engine speeds pulling a heavy load and POP. I do believe some have pushed past the 500hp limit on stock bolts. Its a roll of the dice. Hp isnt a gasket killer anyways the torque is. Increasing the torque output is indication of increased cylinder pressure.

Last edited:

JDelaney

Reaction score
Driving around in my economy tune the turbo seems to keep up pretty good. I played around on the freeway the other day in the higher settings and things definitely start happening quickly! Didn't really have time to check the tailpipe and it was raining lightly so it would have been difficult at best to gauge smoke. But I did see 45 PSI and a buried speedo.

JDelaney

Reaction score
Not wastegated. I have no doubt that the 364.5 is running out of steam up top but the truck won't see WOT in the all out setting very often.

Swaan

Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome setup!! ������

Latest posts

Members online