CCV catch can location

5 oh

Reaction score
14kfimu.jpg

mikeeg02

Reaction score
While you still have the bed off, you may consider re-routing the hose. If you have any "sags" in it like it appears in the picture, the oil will condense there and effectively block air flow, similar to a trap under a sink. You want a downhill slope either to the block or to the can.

5 oh

Reaction score
That was a while ago I actually have a different can with a -12 coming from both valve covers. No issues so far with about 4K on my new motor, I’m getting good air flow at the can I can feel it coming out of the top. I’ll take the lines off and check for oil some day though. good point

sniper_101

Reaction score
I hope you don't run that setup in the winter 5 oh, or if you do, there's not a single droop in the line.

I had my CCV dumped to atmosphere through 3/4" heater hose. Ran from doghouse, over the master and down to frame back to behind the cab as level as I could manage. Only took -15* day and there was enough watered down oily sludge in the hose to freeze/plug and popped my turbo seal, pedestal o-rings, and EBPV so just a heads up to anyone.

Currently have it dumped straight down, but the smell and fumes are pretty obnoxious. Going to try the Moroso can or exhaust venturi when I get time.

Latest posts

Members online