08 issuses

PA Stroker

Reaction score
Well I seem to have some issuse going on with my 6.4. It’s got about 197k on it and it’s make some bad ticking noises on the drivers side. I’ve also had a few codes come up for number 2 injector when it’s cold, it seems like the injector is hanging open. I’m thinking about getting the injector and doing both sets of rockers arms. Was just wondering if I’m on the right track with it or if there’s anything else I would need. Beside rocker assembles bridges, injector lines and the injector.

Reaction score
Well I seem to have some issuse going on with my 6.4. It’s got about 197k on it and it’s make some bad ticking noises on the drivers side. I’ve also had a few codes come up for number 2 injector when it’s cold, it seems like the injector is hanging open. I’m thinking about getting the injector and doing both sets of rockers arms. Was just wondering if I’m on the right track with it or if there’s anything else I would need. Beside rocker assembles bridges, injector lines and the injector.

It all depends on what you see under the valve cover.Could need rockers... but probably a lifter issue. once you remove both valve covers let us know what you find..If you see one of the rocker arms being a little short on oil then it is probably a lifter.

PA Stroker

Reaction score
Sounds good. I’ll have the shop look at it and let me know. I would do it myself but I have to time with work and no shop to do it in right now. Middle of winter here in pa so outside is out of the question lol.

PA Stroker

Reaction score
Forgot to add that I changed the oil the other night. I had a lot of metal on the drain plug. Guess whatever it’s from is not a good sign.

sootie

Reaction score
Forgot to add that I changed the oil the other night. I had a lot of metal on the drain plug. Guess whatever it’s from is not a good sign.
Get ready to build the motor. Likely ate a lifter

Latest posts

Members online