1995 7.3 stroke no Forward very little reverse

Powerstrokeplumber

Reaction score
I got a 1995 f250 4x4. has an E40D 267xxx. I purchased it about a month ago 900 bucks cause the guy who owned it caught the transmission harness in the front drive shaft. so after long research and matching wires from a wiring diagram I was able to get every thing but the 3 pin connector under the hood connected due to missing pins and the what I am assuming is the VSS on the transfer case it has a solid blue and blue with black stripe wire. the main harness plug on the computer side has the MPL and the solenoid pack plug rewired to spec and is plugged in. the issue I'm having is the transmission will not do anything in D 2 or 1 and reverse was strong the first time I shifted it to see if I had it then after putting it in park to let the truck warm up it will only engage reverse at 2500 rpm. am I right in my thought of it's time for a new transmission. and the transfer case will not shift at all. any help would be greatly appreciate.

TIA

Jake

Powerstrokeplumber

Reaction score
I checked the trans dip stick at normal operating temp 3 times. the fluid does look dark,like maybe it's burnt. no metal on the dip. and yes it appeared to be full. it has sat for 3 years I forgot to add that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.