How to make 400 - 500 RWHP - 6.0L

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I understand that. However what I am trying to figure out is at what point do you upgrade engine and driveline components. So how much can my stock 5r110 actually handle? At what point do I start to upgrade the eternals of my motor?

You'll know when it's time to upgrade because things will begin to break. All your internal engine components will be fine in the 400-500hp range except the TTY bolts. You say you have ARP's so your good to go there(I hope you have OEM and not black gaskets). 400-500hp, put a GoGo direct clutch solenoid in the tranny and keep the fluid clean. Maybe think about an aftermarket torque converter when you get above 450hp.

MontanaCoalRollers

Reaction score
I have the OEM ford Gaskets. My buddy just installed the black onyx ones and they took a crap on him.

Thanks for the input on the tranny. What torque converter do you recommend? Any tranny suggestions. A friend of mine went with a BD and went throught 2 of them. They have decent customer service however.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Sun Coast for trans and torque converter or I've heard good things about Twisted Transmisson too.

bigblack6oh

Reaction score
Kinda embarrassed to say, but i put down 406/759 at innovatives dyno last year. 06 6" lift on 37s, 205cc RCD, air dog 150, stage 5 tranny, swamps mild 58v ficm, sct innovative xrace, bully dog intake, cfm+, reg return, arp studs, RCD egr delete and 5" exhaust. I was highly dissapointed, but recently bought an air dog II...hoping it helps with the high rpm fuel cut out issues i was having.

bigblack6oh

Reaction score
flowed?...not sure what this means. i just had to send them back to RCD...for the second time due to deteriorating o rings. they re-sealed them and sent them back without mentioning any problems.

bigblack6oh

Reaction score
like i mentioned before i was having pretty bad fuel cut out (cracking) in the high rpms..i havent installed the AD II to see if that helps yet. I have been running an original AD 150

smokinstroker

Reaction score
mine was live tuned, with a race ficm at the time.

have you checked back pressure, is the turbo functioning correctly?

bigblack6oh

Reaction score
if the AD II doesnt help i guess ill have to tear farther into it...unfortunately. this truck has been nothing but a money pit since the day i bought it :fustrate:

strokin6L

Reaction score
that doesn't seem right. stock FICM, stock injectors, intercooler, and a powermax gave me 383 on fuel on a loaded dyno
with all that being stock and the addition of the powermax.....you should've been well over 400hp with a race tune. With normal mods(intake, exhaust and a race tune), hp should be over 400 and most likely closer to around 440ish with live tuning i would think.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online