Headlight bulbs. Another thread on them.

taterthedog

Reaction score
So today I lost one of my LED headlight bulbs. I really don't want to go through the hassle of replacing the burnt out one with another LED. I really liked them on low beam, but high beam was really non existent. I don't like the pattern of HID kits, or the reliability, so I guess I'm back to halogens. Who makes the best ones? I've had silver star ultras in there before and the were not anything special. Maybe silverstar ZXE? I'd like a 5000 or 6000k color ideally but I doubt that is going to happen. What is out there worth getting? PIAA? It's a 2008, so I guess that's an H13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Do 80W/100W bulbs and either build or buy a relay kit.
Also you can do 80W in the fogs but like above use relays.
I had HID's and hated the pattern. I dont see why people rave about them, they suck.
Headlights - H13
Fogs - H10

Last edited:

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Do 80W/100W bulbs and either build or buy a relay kit.
Also you can do 80W in the fogs but like above use relays.
I had HID's and hated the pattern. I dont see why people rave about them, they suck.
Headlights - H13
Fogs - H10
This is why.
3c6a8c5d7c45f6ea5a6dfa59ebd36829.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1439069426602.jpg

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Those are not HIDs in a reflector housing either. Different comparison. HIDs in a reflector housing suck and the light cut off sucks ass and you get flags a lot.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I've sold a few sets of the sylvania 80/100w bulbs with happy customers. Definitely add a relay harness though like said.

ApriliaRyan

Reaction score
GLad I stumbled onto this thread. My question is whats the relay harness? A link to amazon or ebay would be awesome. I have a high beam out and wanting more lighting than what I had.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
A relay harness uses the stock headlight wires for the switch wire for the relay. The relay and headlight gets its power directly from the battery, more volts and less resistance so more amps. Volts = Current X Resistance. I made mine but you can by them on the net.
Headlights - H13 or 9008
Fogs - H10 or 9145

02BigD

Reaction score
If one had a set of relay's for HID's that hadn't been used, could they possibly be used to facilitate the 80/100's? How could I be certain they would supply correct volts\amps...whatever is the correct term, electric and I don't get along :doh:

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Yes they could. I have not seen HID's come with relays though. They plug into the stock wires then the ballasts fire the bulbs. If the ballasts are what you are talking about then no they will not work with normal bulbs. Way too much Voltage.

John038

Reaction score
So has anyone else tried the 80/100w bulbs? I want to go ahead and upgrade my headlights but have been hesitant to go with LED's. I have changed out most of the lights on both of my trucks to LED's and seem to have on going problems with some of them (not all) burning out and flickering.

me2

Reaction score

I'm really disappointed that people are all over putting HID and LED bulbs in the stock reflector. The light pattern is terrible ! The performance sucks, it is terrible for the oncoming traffic and there is no way it is DOT legal. Best is the guys with the LED bulbs saying they have no high beams ! LOL.

Bi Xenon HID projectors, ie with the shades that come down (up actually) on low beam are by far the best (legal) lighting system you can install on your truck. Just look at the brightness and the the light pattern in the above images.

I do a lot of night driving. I'm sick of being blinded by yahoos that are running illegal lights with no thought to the oncoming traffic.