Polishing American force rims

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Hey guys. Started polishing my rims for the second time and damn. The water spots are a bitch. I'm currently using white diamond and a cordless polisher. Any tips on how to make it easier. Prolly have 30 minutes in one wheel and still not done. Thanks

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Just got done polishing. White diamond and a snap on polisher. Here's some pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 138

Bigharm27

Reaction score
I did two rims last night and I tell u that if I didn't have it. I would of been cramping up like a beotch. It does amazing and I have used the crap out of it. It's a little expensive but it's a very good product. I highly recommend it if u polish a lot.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Well over a year on wheels. Lasted about 2 years on my polished aluminum motor.

Bigharm27

Reaction score
So this is actually a polisher and not a drill with a buffing wheel attachment in the chuck? That's pretty sick.

Yes sir. It comes with a Velcro pad that screws into the gun and u can put any Velcro 3 inch item u can buy. I love it

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Well over a year on wheels. Lasted about 2 years on my polished aluminum motor.

So like. I get my wheels all polished and the way I want them and I put this kit on them? Is it kind of like durabrights on alcoas? Ever heard of them?

shmoozer

Reaction score
PTSUPERD polished his wheels and then had a clear powder coat applied. I don't remember how long ago it was but supposedly you'll never have to polish them again.

-KCCO-

patricku47

Reaction score
If you don't mind, what is the part number for that polisher? I am going to have to get a local truck to get one on order for me!

mandkole

Reaction score
Im gonna look into unbrokens top coat suggestion.

When I redid the 20s, I talked to a shop (who refurbs factory wheels) about clear coating them. They told me its obviously very durable but to be very careful as many clears aren't totally clear or stay clear. Raw aluminum is awesome because it pops when polished, but the pop often leaves when coated.

Rupp250

Reaction score
I've been wondering about that Shine Seal, and Zoop Seal. Not even sure if they are still in business. Building a drag atv right now and there is a lot of polished parts. I will be running at Pismo Beach and everything gets wiped out while there.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Shine Seal is what Zoopseal turned into. Same people...new name.

Latest posts

Members online