• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

Wanted: Dana 80 99-04 DRW

Dan

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for a good working unit or complete rebuildable core Dana 80 out of a 99-04 dual rear wheel for my project. Preferably with 4.10 gears, but for the right price I'll consider anything!

Pm me with what you have!!

I'm willing to have it shipped, Idaho Falls area

Thanks!

Reaction score
Unless you get one from a cab and chassis truck it will be too wide. You could have one narrowed, but that would cost way more than just buying the right width axle to begin with.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
You also realize that the new 2011 and up sterling axles are now 37 spline and have bigger pinions on the f350s right? Probably no need for a dana 80 unless you sled pull hard core

Reaction score
How much wider are they Morgan?

If you get a regular dually axle it will stick out a couple inches on each side.

You also realize that the new 2011 and up sterling axles are now 37 spline and have bigger pinions on the f350s right? Probably no need for a dana 80 unless you sled pull hard core

Unless doing a lot of rough abuse the sterling is probably fine. Dana 80 is stronger for sure but the new sterling a should be pretty tough. Maybe weld the housing to keep it from spinning and call it good. Other than that wait till you break it before worrying about a dana 80.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

I thought when dropping into a new truck they go right in just the axles stick threw the wheel center?

Dan

Reaction score
I'm not sled pulling with the truck, I really abuse my stuff though... As some of you may remember I launched my truck off a 12" curb! Hahaha

Ok but seriously, it's economical to go to an 80 right now, instead of messing with gearing, axle shafts and lockers in the 10.5 right now, I'll find an 80 with 4.10s already, put a Detroit locker in there and be done with it!

Not to mention I'll have a low km take out sterling 10.5 with 37 spline shafts, a bigger pinion and factory e-locker that I'm sure someone will want for their 6.4! ;)

Lot better than an dynamited 10.5 in a few months!

4duggan

Reaction score
My son converted his "00" dually to single rear wheel.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391471730.010001.jpg

Worked well for him , 2013 bed is Linexed around wheel wells for protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Unless you get one from a cab and chassis truck it will be too wide. You could have one narrowed, but that would cost way more than just buying the right width axle to begin with.

What part would be to wide? From hub to hub or where the spring perches sit?

live life full throttle

ken6881

Reaction score
I have a Dana 80 from a cab and chassis 08 f350 located in Henderson ky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
The standard dually axle is almost 4" wider from wheel flange to wheel flange. That means the tires WILL stick out more. The cab and chassis d80 is the same width as a srw. Only thing you have to do is move the spring perches to match the right width and possibly move the shock mount if you have a short bed. I've done a few of these now, pretty nice swap once done correctly.

geardaddy

Reaction score
i have some BRAND new 99 f350 drw (pickup) dana 80 rearends complete from rotor to rotor less calipers...4.30 posi..i can be reached at 612-309-3999 anytime day or night.... if it helps,,they measure 73-1/2" from wms to wms where the cab and chassis is 70-1/2"..............612-309-3999

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online