Transmission revving high but hardly moving, only shifting gears manually

DudeManScott

Reaction score
97 7.3 4*4

So I installed a rebuilt transmission, filled it up and confirmed it was full after running. Drove it a total of probably 20 miles between 3 drives. Yesterday I drove it about 3 miles on the freeway, got off and stopped at a red light and when when I went to take off, it was acting like it was in neutral. After restarting it and shifting it back into drive it would engage, however would rev extremely high but not go anywhere. Not even 5 mph at 2k rpm, and wouldn't shift out of first. I could only get it to shift into 2nd using the shift level, but same thing with revving high but going nowhere.

Also sometimes when I shift into park, it makes a kind of clicking noise, parking pawl?

Currently talking with the builder but also want to get some other options

Bugman

Reaction score
Might as well start pulling it out of the truck.

If you talked to the rebuilder and he didn't come up with a quick fix he'll need to tear it apart to fix it.

DudeManScott

Reaction score
That points towards a problem in the transfer case, not the transmission.

I was kinda think that the parking pawl issue was related to the TCase. Could the TCase really cause my other issue of the high reving though?

Not sure if this helps, but I noticed too if I held the brake all the way down and pressed the pedal I was able to get the tires to chirp pretty easy, which if it really was slipping would that be possible?

Also I hooked up a scan tool and found no codes related to the transmission

DudeManScott

Reaction score
O2paM0S

Drained a qt from the pan and this is what I am seeing, done or normal for a rebuilt at first?

http://imgur.com/a/O2paM0S

Latest posts

Members online