Injector cup tool

ghohouston

Reaction score
Ive never seen a 6 0 injector cup crack, always been the head. Or i suppose if the cup wasnt seated fully in the head, or properly sealed, it could leak. Pull your injectors and pressurize the coolant system to 16psi, get a good light and mirror, possibly a spray bottle with soapy water, you will find your issue.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ford has a tsb to replace the heads fr this. Cant remember what it is off the top of my head, but i just got done with replacing mine 6 months after doing head gaskets where the heads went to the machine shop for gasket mating surface flattening only.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Nope. Different heads this time though. Original ones were cracked so swapped for these that are used but tested good. Then started seeing fuel in antifreeze. Figure it is worth it to change cups over heads if possible.

Figure never see a cracked cup because the heads crack and get swapped out before the cups fail LOL

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Small crack in the #5 cylinder injector hole. Just above the lip of the injector cup. Took 45 mins under pressure for it to leak enough I could see it.

Head is junk.

78f100

Reaction score
I have yet to try the new longer cup that is supposed to be a fix for this, I know another shop close to me installed one a few weeks ago. He called me asking my thoughts on it, I have a hard time believing as the crack grows the cup won't break. We always replace the head. I would try it on my personal truck though, hopefully they hold up really well.
here is the one the guys I know used http://www.accuratediesel.com/shop/279.html

Last edited:

webb06

Reaction score
I have yet to try the new longer cup that is supposed to be a fix for this, I know another shop close to me installed one a few weeks ago. He called me asking my thoughts on it, I have a hard time believing as the crack grows the cup won't break. We always replace the head. I would try it on my personal truck though, hopefully they hold up really well.
here is the one the guys I know used http://www.accuratediesel.com/shop/279.html

I've had about 50% success rate at using the bullet proof diesel kit. Some of the cracks are too close to the injector sleeve and require a new head.

The only thing that I wouldn't like about the accurate diesel kit is having to change the injector body.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
With what the truck is used for, it is better to just replace the head. The down time alone to do this again if the longer cup didn't work would cost more than a new head at this point. New head went on last night. Should be back up and running on Tues. I am taking the rest of the weekend off lol.

Latest posts

Members online