Only hits 23 psi of boost

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
For some funny reason my 6.7 will only hit 23 psi of boost no matter what tune I'm running, it's a 14 with a mini maxx 5" straight pipe and afe intake. It used to hit 26-28 psi before, I was running fear heads tunes used to run at 26 I think, tried an sct with some Cooper tunes and was running higher, somewhere in there it started making less boost for some reason, went back to ********s tunes won't go over 23 psi, just bought some amdp tunes that are supposed to run 28 psi and still 23 psi no more, hard to tell for sure but kinda feels less powerful as well, anyone have any suggestions on what they think this could be? Or things I can check?

sootie

Reaction score
Check shaft play on the turbo. What are you using to monitor?

sootie

Reaction score
If you updated the mini maxx, that is why it won't boost over that. The old tunes were taking out turbos so they backed it down.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
These are from amdp, but it's been like it on all my tunes, gear head, ccs, and amdp

Stop by Dirty Diesel Customs in Sylvan Lake. They might know what's going on if you can't figure anything out. That seems like something besides tuning if your saying its with all the different tunes you have....

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
Yeah different tunes and different tuners, it's all good now I found a deadly dealer that's gonna take care of it for me the awesome way, he says it's pretty weird and kinda wants to know what it is, usually a map sensor or a waste gate solenoid but my map sensor is clean and he doesn't think it's the solenoid because the 14's have the updated hose, even though when I unplugged my waste gate it jumped up to 26 psi, but the tune I have is commanding 30 psi so something funky is going on

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah different tunes and different tuners, it's all good now I found a deadly dealer that's gonna take care of it for me the awesome way, he says it's pretty weird and kinda wants to know what it is, usually a map sensor or a waste gate solenoid but my map sensor is clean and he doesn't think it's the solenoid because the 14's have the updated hose, even though when I unplugged my waste gate it jumped up to 26 psi, but the tune I have is commanding 30 psi so something funky is going on

no matter what your tune commands, you'll prolly never see over 28-29 . even if god himself tunes it .

dsmracing1

Reaction score

As long as it isn't S&M diesel lol. Your playing with fire shooting for those kinds of pressures with the stock junker turbo's...

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
Seen there compound turbo Dodge the other day was almost in the mood for my first loss but decided I needed to get home before the ice cream melted. I usually deal with armor Inc, deadly dudes, and Matt at dirty diesel is solid too, helped me out with a fried mini maxx one time, my buddy bought there old race truck thing is sick

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Seen there compound turbo Dodge the other day was almost in the mood for my first loss but decided I needed to get home before the ice cream melted. I usually deal with armor Inc, deadly dudes, and Matt at dirty diesel is solid too, helped me out with a fried mini maxx one time, my buddy bought there old race truck thing is sick

Right on, Donovan and the fellas are good chit for sure. They did pretty good finishing 4th at the Ultimate Callout Challenge there a few weeks back. If you blow your stock turbo, I've got a spare one sitting with only 70000km on it haha. Best of luck with finding out what it is...

sootie

Reaction score
Right on thanks man, hoping it's not the turbo, not sounding like it anyways, that ****ty little turbo is what's saving me from bent rods lol

Huh? that turbo is the cause for bent rods if the tuning isnt right...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Dont understand, I've already seen it spike to 30 before and I know a guy now hitting 32 on a stock turbo 2012

if it spiked 30 it was a freak , 13-14 are controlled by the ecu NOT to allow over 29 psi .. no matter what. and trust me dude, you dont want more boost , it wont make anymore power and will grenade that tiny turbo quicker. 11-12 do not have the same limitations , therefore they grenade turbos much more often .

Notneb

Reaction score
^^^ Yeah I saw 36psi regularly on my '12, can only imagine the damage it did to that turbo... Luckily I traded it in before it grenaded.

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
Yeah I gotta good tuner not to worried about that part, h&s recommends keeping it under 32 psi and that's what I have my defuel set to, I think he has it set to run between 28-30