Long shot...anyone know a shop that has a set of BD exhaust manifolds in stock?

lxcoupe

Reaction score
Looking to purchase, however they are back order a few weeks at BD. I figured it might be possible that someone has a set on the shelf.

lxcoupe

Reaction score
Thanks for both of you guys for posting, the default settings on the army are set to not notify via email for new PM's, and it didn't subscribe me to my own thread. That is my fault for not paying attention better. I had to jump through hoops to find a set, including having them shipped to Alabama first, then to CA. And now I missed out on buying from the guys that chimed in. I'm pissed.

lxcoupe

Reaction score
Big thanks to Mark @ Big Time Kustomz for pulling strings and getting me a set UPS 2-day so I could do the job on the weekend.

Whew what a job. Raised the cab on Saturday with a buddy (Ford tech) and we got it done. Struggled with the cab mount bolts since my truck is an 08 and apparently Ford put excessive amounts of loctite on the 08's, making the bolts extremely hard to undo. We ended up putting heat on all 6 of them which helped immensely. They came out like butter after that. All in all, it took me and my buddy 14 hours to do the job, along with a coolant flush (pulled block plug) and the MBRP downpipe. Truck sounds MEAN with the EGR deleted. My buddy and I agreed that it sounds more like a 6.0 at idle and under acceleration, more throaty if that makes sense. The truck feels possibly stronger, but then again I had a leaking manifold at the EGR cooler (turns out the manifold wasn't warped after all), so I repaired the truck in addition to modifying it. Spool times feel faster, but then again I did also install the 4" downpipe. I tried to use the a/c line extender that BD includes, which I don't think will work. The extension adds 4-5" to the overall length of the line, so the rubber portion is kinked. I am going to try some header wrap and rebend the stock line by the compressor. Overall, I would say the BD manifolds and up pipe kit is a nice kit! But they need to sort out the a/c extender...

Here are a few pics. I will have to get a pic later on of the all the stock stuff that came off the truck lol.

IMG_3779.jpg

IMG_3780.jpg

IMG_3782.jpg

IMG_3838.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg

IMG_3866.jpg

IMG_3861.jpg

IMG_3863.jpg

IMG_3872.jpg

IMG_3873.jpg

IMG_3855.jpg

IMG_3860.jpg

Last edited:

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I just do header wrap / minor tweaking on the AC line's with those kits. Also loon into doing a 4" elbow on that intake, make a difference.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Its just a 4" elbow, I usually just find some polished aluminum tubing from either Spectre Performance or Vibrant Performance. Then two 4" boots and 4 4" clamps, then just a matter of if you want to route your CCV back to the intake ( my personal preference ) or make your own CCV reroute. I might be mistaken but I think you can also buy just the rubber/silicone elbow from No Limit or Elite from one of their kits as well. But you will have to do a CCV reroute. I don't have a specific PN # I use due to the different configurations of turbo setups and I've so far only done a handful of them for customers. Vibrant does has some 4" S bend pipes that I was going to try on the next just to see if the fit/finish was any better.

lxcoupe

Reaction score
Its just a 4" elbow, I usually just find some polished aluminum tubing from either Spectre Performance or Vibrant Performance. Then two 4" boots and 4 4" clamps, then just a matter of if you want to route your CCV back to the intake ( my personal preference ) or make your own CCV reroute. I might be mistaken but I think you can also buy just the rubber/silicone elbow from No Limit or Elite from one of their kits as well. But you will have to do a CCV reroute. I don't have a specific PN # I use due to the different configurations of turbo setups and I've so far only done a handful of them for customers. Vibrant does has some 4" S bend pipes that I was going to try on the next just to see if the fit/finish was any better.

I looked at my S&B intake and it's 4" out of the intake and it necks down to 3" into the turbo (or maybe even smaller)? How will a 4" elbow help here?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I looked at my S&B intake and it's 4" out of the intake and it necks down to 3" into the turbo (or maybe even smaller)? How will a 4" elbow help here?

Getting rid of the 3" taper has improved the meat of the power band on the 6.4's. So you basically keep your S&B box and filter and continue to the turbos in 4". I did forget to mention in my other post you will need a 3" to 4" reducing insert for the turbo side to fit the 4" boot. Below is a picture of what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• 20150113_170552.jpg
    20150113_170552.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 49
  • 20150113_170539.jpg
    20150113_170539.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 45

lxcoupe

Reaction score
I'd be shocked if that actually made a difference... the stock inlet is a perfectly smooth gradual transition from 4" to 3"

Anyone have a dyno sheet or back to back track run to prove this?

sootie

Reaction score
I'd be shocked if that actually made a difference... the stock inlet is a perfectly smooth gradual transition from 4" to 3"

Anyone have a dyno sheet or back to back track run to prove this?

be shocked. it made over a 20hp gain on the dyno.

check out Waynes "test mule" thread

or just drive a truck with and S&B and then swap a No Limit intake on...you wont need convincing.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
be shocked. it made over a 20hp gain on the dyno.

check out Waynes "test mule" thread

or just drive a truck with and S&B and then swap a No Limit intake on...you wont need convincing.
Elite tested it, it really does. I'm not trying to sell you anything so no reason for me to BS you.

DWhite

Reaction score
It does work. I went from an S&B intake to Mike's No Limit Intake and could tell a big difference. I would go with Seabee08fx4 suggestion.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
ive sold a couple of sets, so far so good, just sold another set yesterday to Dwhite's buddy , I think they're a great product.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
A blue 08 RC.... This guy knows the way to my heart. Lol looks good for sure. Hard to beat $899 for the complete Kit manifold/up pipe. I'm assuming there were no issues with the manifolds aligning to the head or anything like that? I was seriously debating 6.0 manifolds and custom up pipes.... But since these have come out they've caught my eye

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
little late back to this thread, but glad we were able to help you out, glad you got these things on the truck in time. they look great!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.