2017 f350 platinum

swavescatter

Reaction score
they will not clear, gotta go 2" at least and still may need to trim the valence. hit us up for any leveling kit on the market !

Is this accurate for 2017's or are you just trying to push merch? One member posted above that his combo did work and multiple others have said 35's fit at factory ride height as well.

Serious question as I'm debating which route to take with my truck. Maybe you still get some rub at full flex? I'm sure the offset matters...

BK39

Reaction score
Is this accurate for 2017's or are you just trying to push merch? One member posted above that his combo did work and multiple others have said 35's fit at factory ride height as well.

Serious question as I'm debating which route to take with my truck. Maybe you still get some rub at full flex? I'm sure the offset matters...

Just to clarify, I DID have to trim a little on the bottom of the fender a hair, remove the plastic pc, and pull the liner back. So Mike's comment is probably based on, if you don't want to do any trimming, you're going to need at least 2".

sootie

Reaction score

Seeing as he runs wide rims on his 17, im inclined to think he may have a little experience with what we are discussing...

Anything will fit at stock height if you are ok with either hacking your fenders, liners and valence or deal with SUBSTANTIAL rubbing....

swavescatter

Reaction score
I get that for the super wide stretched tire setup, but for a more normal approach like this would there still be significant rub?

https://youtu.be/0rAO2e40nWg

I'm leaning towards buying 35s with aftermarket 9" wide wheels and maybe slightly more offset and running that stock until I can afford the whole Carli pintop setup...

I just keep hearing about various guys having no issues with 35s stock. Hard to tell what they're actually seeing though...

mfoltz

Reaction score
they will not clear, gotta go 2" at least and still may need to trim the valence. hit us up for any leveling kit on the market !

I got with you about a carli 2.5 coils and you never got back with me. I need everything except the shocks.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

i am referring to what the OP asked for. considering i HAVE a 17, and have already had multiple heights on mine with an almost identicle setup as he is asking about, i'd say i'm pretty inclined to know, not just "push merch" as you say. this thread isn't about your desired wheel and tire combo, so your comments don't really hold water.

now if you ARE talking about a factory offset and 35's , yep those will fit, and still may require some trimming, but that's not what we're discussing.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I got with you about a carli 2.5 coils and you never got back with me. I need everything except the shocks.

$hit, i prolly had one of my sales guys get me cost and i missed it, i'll go back and find your message and price it asap. sorry bout dat.

swavescatter

Reaction score
I'm just confused I guess. Multiple people have reported running 35x12.5 tires without a lift. Considering the specific wheel the OP is asking about, one member here reported running them fine with minor trimming and posted pics. You seem to say no way you need at least 2".

I guess the only way to find out for sure is to try it oneself. Just sucks having to go through trial and error...

sootie

Reaction score
I'm just confused I guess. Multiple people have reported running 35x12.5 tires without a lift. Considering the specific wheel the OP is asking about, one member here reported running them fine with minor trimming and posted pics. You seem to say no way you need at least 2".

I guess the only way to find out for sure is to try it oneself. Just sucks having to go through trial and error...

they will fit ON STOCK SIZE AND STOCK OFFSET WHEELS, which is not what is being asked about in this thread. I repeat, "fit" is a loose term depending on how much rubbing (eg twisted up or flexed vs running down the hwy) is acceptable to the vehicle owner, and how much trimming said owner is willing to do.

No, a 35x12.5x20 tire will not fit on a bone stock height, untrimmed truck with a -25 or greater offset on a 10" or wider rim.

And ya, it really does suck having to live life for yourself and not get just exactly what you feel you want , spoonfed from someone else...

swavescatter

Reaction score
they will fit ON STOCK SIZE AND STOCK OFFSET WHEELS, which is not what is being asked about in this thread. I repeat, "fit" is a loose term depending on how much rubbing (eg twisted up or flexed vs running down the hwy) is acceptable to the vehicle owner, and how much trimming said owner is willing to do.

No, a 35x12.5x20 tire will not fit on a bone stock height, untrimmed truck with a -25 or greater offset on a 10" or wider rim.

And ya, it really does suck having to live life for yourself and not get just exactly what you feel you want , spoonfed from someone else...

Take a breath here big guy. Re-read post #12 and subsequent replies. He was asking about running aftermarket wheels without a leveling kit in that tire size. A gentleman replied that he had done just that with only minor trimming. You replied impossible without a kit, which you offered to sell.

I'm just trying to cut through all the subjective results online so I can decide if the exact wheel and tire combo I want will require a lift or just trimming to achieve no rub at full flex. I want to do things right the first time.

I just came from the Jeep community where there is so much more clear info. These trucks are new enough that there is conflicting info all around it seems...

sootie

Reaction score
Maybe you should "take a breath" and not get who posted what mixed up....

swavescatter

Reaction score
I tried to reread the thread a couple times. I don't think I mixed it up.

At some point I will get in front of a computer and attempt to compile a list of wheel widths and offsets, and what was reported to fit, with and without trimming. I'll make my purchase decision based on that and then post up results with measurements and pics at full lock/flex. Hopefully that will help everyone.

strokin20

Reaction score
I don't have any photos of when my truck was stock, but I ran 35x12.50 ridge grapplers on 20x9 Novakanes 0mm offset with no rubbing. I've since leveled it 1.5" in the front.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swavescatter

Reaction score
The other wrinkle is tire manufacturers. Jeepers always claimed that bf Goodrich ran small and that 37's were true 35's. I think Toyo's are supposed to run true to size?

sootie

Reaction score
I don't have any photos of when my truck was stock, but I ran 35x12.50 ridge grapplers on 20x9 Novakanes 0mm offset with no rubbing. I've since leveled it 1.5" in the front.

On a 17?

strokin20

Reaction score
And actually, I retract my statement about not having any photos of it stock height.
f54bd359abac95f893603941e7801145.jpg
fd45b1cb4438413b2c5b820f0944a37b.jpg
e395d0a598110c590a130d03b37b7693.jpg
6c012cd268c33bb187e2b680710f73d5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

yeah stock offset and 9" should not be a problem. i know , for a fact -25 and 10.5 will rub pretty good. aaron from rudys tried his off his 6.4 the day he got his truck, it had 35x12.50 toyo M/T on BMF 22x10.5 -25 offset. he never even bothered trying to drive it.

i ran 22x12 , -44 , with 2" of lift , and it rubbed like a bitch. still rubs at 4.5" fully clocked to the right, rubs on the heavier drivers side , but only in reverse at just about full clock.

mfoltz

Reaction score
Well it finally came in. Heres some pics of it before I tinted the windows and winshield, change out the door handles and mirror caps to ptm , and took off the 4x4 sticker and powerstroke badge. Now I need to just buy my tires and leveling kit so I can put on the American force wheels.

mfoltz

Reaction score
Here they arr

Attachments

• IMG_4076.jpg
    IMG_4076.jpg
    878 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_4075.jpg
    IMG_4075.jpg
    840.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 56797EE4-.jpg
    56797EE4-.jpg