non-d3leated tunes, any improvement...?

TrickTruck

Reaction score
At this point in time I am not d3leated. Yes, I know all the advantages, my '12 was and it ran terrific. I still have all the hard parts, but for now, the '16 will not be d3leated. At some point I likely will, but not yet. I don't even mind DEF as the first tank lasted over 4,000miles.

The mileage is really bad compared to the '12 w/ all else being equal. ~14.5mpg empty at highway speeds. the '12 easily got 18mpg.

The response time for lighting the turbo is slower than USPS Snail Mail.

Trans feels like a slush box in comparison to the g3arhead tunes I had on my '12. Tow/haul helps, but then mpg gets even worse.

So, asking for real experience from those who tuned an otherwise stock truck.
Which tuner is the best bang for the buck? My budget is kinda on the weak side. :(
Who's tunes do you like?
Any real measurable mpg increase?
Can it be 'woken up' in terms of turbo lag?
Any downsides?

Thanks in advance. PFA. Yes, I know the bug deflector is fugly, it isn't growing on me either.
20170619_140953_1497896649921_resizedLarge.jpg

Last edited:

ckrueg

Reaction score
I know you said you didn't plan on weight loss yet but I did on my 16 and it runs 10× better. Mpg is up from 16 highway to 21, even with 295 65 r20s. Throttle response is also way better as is the shifting. I waited 7500 miles and my only regret is not doing it at 75 miles lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I know, I know, I know. Same thing w/ my '12. Just not d3leating yet. Truck could use a diet too, on the CAT scales w/ full tank and my fat azz in it, it's tipping 9800lbs :eek: Couldn't have been carrying more than 300lbs of stuff either.

Jomax

Reaction score
GH tuning hands down. Can't respond about the throttle. These trucks always had a slight lag vs the 7.3..

My truck currently has 110k miles and hasn't skipped a beat. Never left the race tune since 35k miles.

For MPG. I drive hard and average 14.5-15 going to CA. 80-90mph.

I don't care for MPG though. The Happy factor far outweighs it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online