Manual to automatic conversion

junglejoe

Reaction score
Seems everyone is doing the opposite. I just got the 6 speed manual truck.. Depending on what I do to it and where it goes.. But thought about swapping out to an auto.. I've been looking for info.. But can't find anything. Anyone have any advice or links or info to give?

farm boy

Reaction score
Man if you were closer I have a built 4R100 that's in my truck now I would swap you. I'd like to have the 6 speed for towing heavy.

junglejoe

Reaction score
Texas ain't to far for me..
I can't really find out any info on this swap. Can't be to bad!!?
My truck has 80k original miles.. NEVER hauled anything but ass around. For some weird reason,it was ordered without a tow package. Its never even had a reese hitch!

Last edited:

farm boy

Reaction score
Texas ain't to far for me..
I can't really find out any info on this swap. Can't be to bad!!?
My truck has 80k original miles.. NEVER hauled anything but ass around. For some weird reason,it was ordered without a tow package. Its never even had a reese hitch!

I assume yours is a 4x4?

What engine?

I believe his is in a 6.0 so he would need a PCS to run my trans. Im not even positive if the 6spd in the 6.0's will bolt right up to my 7.3.

co04cobra

Reaction score
The 6.0s and 7.3s will not bolt up.

Op if you end up changing it over I'd like to buy the zf stuff. Or I should have everything to change yours over and would do some trading. PM me if you're interested.

Strokersace

Reaction score
The 6.0s and 7.3s will not bolt up.

Op if you end up changing it over I'd like to buy the zf stuff. Or I should have everything to change yours over and would do some trading. PM me if you're interested.
That's why I'm trying to find out what he has. I was interested in trading if he needs a 5r110.