Electricial Issues

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
I doubt I'm going to be much help but.....

How long did the alt. last?

What kind of shape are you batteries in? Were they fully charged when the new alt. went on?

A quick look at the wiring diagram says that window power does indeed go through a relay. You might try swapping relays around to see if the problem follows the relay.

Edit: oops just read "jockeyd them around." I take that to mean you swapped them around?

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
UPDATE: took ot to the Stealership this am for their diagnosis, the master door window switch is shorted out, the rear door needs a new door lock actuator, and a new door jamb position switch. dealership price: 799.00 dollars parts and labor. My cost from Rockauto:107.00 dollars for parts, my labor... the 6 pack I drink while doing it.

Sniper32

Reaction score
nice way to save 700!! none of that sounds like itd be to muh of a pain...glad to hear you got it sorted out!

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
thanks, so I get it back from the dealership.... windows work fine, but they told me that the fuse would fail "under load" as in if i put all 4 down at once and turn the stereo up..... and the rear door needs the actuator and position sensor.... but they changed my oil (as I authorized them to do) but they charged me for a new oil filter cap...30.00 bucks.... mine was just fine. Am I responsible for it if they break it while taking it off?

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Um yes your probably responsible because there rules will cover there as$. What was wrong with the radio and most importantly how the helll did they break the freakin cap? now that i think about it thats s hitty workmanship go get your 30$ back. Honestly though how do you break the cap?? Kinda pisses me off how we pay thousands and thousands of dollars for a truck and they try and shaft you 30$ for a oil filter cap.

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
well I think they were pissy because I told them not to do the work..... I will find out this morning about the oil cap. the radio, map lights and windows are all controlled by the same relay/fuse.....

Latest posts

Members online