How to make 400 - 500 RWHP - 6.0L

NORCAL6.0

Reaction score
I made 436hp sotck injectors running 5" turbo back, S&B intake, no limit cold side and gearhead srlx... Hoping to have php ficm this spring And a mad hybrid turbo. Wanna see how much the stock injectors will do

dont mean to jump in, did anyone do the ficm upgrade with that kind of setup to see the gains???

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
I made 436hp sotck injectors running 5" turbo back, S&B intake, no limit cold side and gearhead srlx... Hoping to have php ficm this spring And a mad hybrid turbo. Wanna see how much the stock injectors will do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

more than likely your truck has a good factory ficm calibration in it to make that power, im going to guess and say your ecm strategy is vxcf4x3 and ficm cal is am2al12. if that is true than the php ficm tuning isnt going to do anything for power over 2500rpm.

smokedout250

Reaction score
more than likely your truck has a good factory ficm calibration in it to make that power, im going to guess and say your ecm strategy is vxcf4x3 and ficm cal is am2al12. if that is true than the php ficm tuning isnt going to do anything for power over 2500rpm.

Wow correct I actually have the gryphon now. An your right high end I didn't notice anything on the low end and throttle response is where I noticed the gain. I'm only running atlas 40.

So I've been thinkin about doing a powermax and 155s what kind I hp would that put down?

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
try the 80 or 100 tune. i recommend adding 15% line pressure to all the shifts when running custom tunes and the ficm tune.

155s and a pmax my guess would be 500.

smokedout250

Reaction score
try the 80 or 100 tune. i recommend adding 15% line pressure to all the shifts when running custom tunes and the ficm tune.

155s and a pmax my guess would be 500.

Ill have to try it Matt just suggested only running the 40hp with his srlxx....

As for the 155s I missed out on a deal for a set super cheap was just wondering what they would do

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Matts tunes typically ran better on the economy file on stock nozzle trucks I tried it on.

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
the economy tune wont run much different than your current ficm tune, youll have inductive heat which you dont now, as far as a power difference very very mild.

Last edited:

smokedout250

Reaction score
Powermax is what in looking at. I know mtw is on the top right now.... But I want to keep my stocker just in case I wanna sell the truck...

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I know you can pick up an 03' turbo in great shape, rebuilt, for around $450 a lot if times. We prefer the 04-07 turbo's since they don't require a pedestal change for most guys. One of my GPDA members picked up a rebuilt 03' turbo for $250 last October. That would save you a little bit of money over the Pmax if you could get one at a good price. Nothing wrong with a Pmax and the right tuning either though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.