How to make 400 - 500 RWHP - 6.0L

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
I made 436hp sotck injectors running 5" turbo back, S&B intake, no limit cold side and gearhead srlx... Hoping to have php ficm this spring And a mad hybrid turbo. Wanna see how much the stock injectors will do

Were these the ONLY mods you had? everything else stock? I'm having pretty much the same thing done right now minus the cold side pipe and was curious as to the power.

Blackblaze427

Reaction score
Just finished reading this entire thread. There's alot of great topics on power combos and what not, but nothing on reliability. You guys making power, especially at the 500whp mark, what kind of issues have you run into if any? And what kind of mileage have you put on your trucks since the mods were done? The local shop to me has been seeing a few cracked heads lately, anybody run into that?

bboteler

Reaction score
my guess is most guys at this hp mark...think im close but will know for sure in May, have replaced heads and studs...heads are known to crack at stock hp due to the other issues. If heads were cracking here due to hp it would be much more talk about it esp as guys got to the 600-700 hp mark.

Blackblaze427

Reaction score
Yah that's what I'm starting to believe. I've been reading through this sit like crazy and haven't read a single thing about it.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
There have been some guys with cracked heads, but as previously stated, that stems from other issues. One of these issues being guys putting on a big tune and driving it like they stole it without monitoring things like EGT, Coolant temp, oil temp, etc. get an insight with an EGT probe ( or other monitoring device) and watch it. I've been up to 1800* on some tunes with stock injectors. Now I'm around the 500 mark on Eric's XtremeX and maxing out around 1400* on the same stock injectors. It's all in the tuning and how you drive and maintain. Throw a Bullydog on and don't monitor anything while driving like a 16yr old tryong to impress his buddies and you'll have problems. Get some good custom tunes ( all PSA sponsering tuners have what you need) and some good monitoring equipment like an Edge Insight and you'll be fine.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Public service announcement from MTW-

Don't be gay,
monitor vital engine parameters every day.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Were these the ONLY mods you had? everything else stock? I'm having pretty much the same thing done right now minus the cold side pipe and was curious as to the power.

Hmm interested in see what I can do sometime... I have Studs and delete, SRLX.. MTW stage 1....Atlas 80 FICM tune...5" Flo-Pro straight and Airaide CAI. Rest is stock

smokedout250

Reaction score
Well got a new setup... Hoping for some track times....

Mods=.
No limit cold side
Powermax.
175/00
6.4 banjos
Egr delete
S&B intake
4"dp-5"-7" stack
Gryphon ficm tunning
Matt's srlxx
Hoping for 500 or some over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokedout250

Reaction score
I thought there was no benefit by gojg. With a stock nozzle on even larger injectors!?

Ask Jesse warren..... These are smokey bi***es.... They add power trust me..... Lol this is a very fun setup the larger nozzle does help yes. Anything over a 175 the stock nozzle hinders you at least that's what I have been told but I could be wrong

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Ask Jesse warren..... These are smokey bi***es.... They add power trust me..... Lol this is a very fun setup the larger nozzle does help yes. Anything over a 175 the stock nozzle hinders you at least that's what I have been told but I could be wrong

Gotcha

Blackcloud413

Reaction score
What do you guys think about 190/stock
Stock charger
Wildman extreme studded tuning
Egr delete
4" inch exhaust
I'm curious to what it's puttin out :blah:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just curious as to what the power numbers would be for this setup.... Fully Bulletproofed and deleted, custom 5inch straight pipe, AFE CAI, TSD SPD tune with early lockup, ATLAS 40 FICM tune, 03 swap with batmowheel, stock sticks??? This is my current setup. Next is suncoast rebuild/converter and 175's or 190's

smokedout250

Reaction score
Laid down 530hp on a dyno. Had 13.6 @ 7740lbs with an exhaust. Never got a chance to run it at the track with all the leaks fixed and a full fuel system.
Mods, 175/0 powermax riff raff billet wheel, adp rr, a1000,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Latest posts

Members online