Who has the best custom tuning for 6.0 modified

Oleblue04

Reaction score
Ive got a fairly modified 6.0 running idp tunes. Is there any better tuning out there?

Mdub707

Reaction score
You obviously chose IDP at one point right? What brought you to that choice? Or did you buy it like this already? Let's not forget if you're not happy with the way a tune is working, your best bet is to contact the guy who originally wrote them, and have them upgraded/fixed first. Just some food for thought.

Eric is one of the best in the business for sure.

STROKER

Reaction score
Ive got a fairly modified 6.0 running idp tunes. Is there any better tuning out there?
If you tuned your truck before you did mods like injectors turbo etc. and your wondering if you can run different tuning, you can talk to eric and have him modify your tune for your current setup. If you are thinking of trying a different tuner theirs tons out there, i've had great luck with RCD tunes, Gearhead tunes and Innovative's.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Chris at TSD writes very streetable tunes designed to be driven everyday with little to no smoke, excellent fuel mileage and they will run like a mongoose on crack when you push the skinny peddle. I ran IDP and Quick Tricks tunes, then got bored and called Chris at TSD. His tunes were so incredibly awesome that 6 GPDA members called him after our PHP dyno day. His tunes also react extremely well when coupled with a FICM flash.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Im currently running the extreme package from IDP, idk... A local shop I go to sometimes says he has or can get tunes better then what I got from IDP... If so then I cant wait to see them...

patrickke

Reaction score
Like said in the above posts its all your preference... My choice way back when was who I felt comfortable with and who took time out of their day to answer my questions

Patrick@KEM

windrunner408

Reaction score
the fastest ford's are all tuned by innovative diesel

I've heard this as well. I think I want to give their tune a try to see how it does. The only negative is that the x-race isnt really streetable due its shifting characteristics.

I'm happiest with Chris at TSD . My truck seems to be happiest with his tunes.

My TSD tune runs great as well. I have the 3-5 flare. We'll see if doug's solenoid fixes it.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I dont think its a solenoid issue, I have a suncoast kit and dougs solenoid and im still getting a funk on the direct... its not a flare, I think chris need to alter the clutch slip while making the shift. It seems like it slips too long to make the shift and it needs to be narrowed. I gotta call chris monday and see if he can screw with it because i've bothered him to have him change the shift points and pressures etc.

AllanB

Reaction score
the fastest ford's are all tuned by innovative diesel

Funny how when people compare tunes. One name always comes up and these tunes are always compared to his. That should answer their question right there. If his tunes weren't some of the best out there, his name wouldn't keep coming up. Just a thought.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I know several guys who DD the Xrace. A couple had to get the shifts adjusted several times, but they got it worked out. The tune isn't the cleanest on the street, but it's definitely street able.

chappy

Reaction score
I dont think its a solenoid issue, I have a suncoast kit and dougs solenoid and im still getting a funk on the direct... its not a flare, I think chris need to alter the clutch slip while making the shift. It seems like it slips too long to make the shift and it needs to be narrowed. I gotta call chris monday and see if he can screw with it because i've bothered him to have him change the shift points and pressures etc.

Are you sure its not the TC you are feeling locking slower?

windrunner408

Reaction score
Nope, it is a definite hang. The tranny gets stuck in gear and the motor revs to 4000rpm or a little more and I actually have to let off the go pedal slightly to get it to shift. Once it does that, I am good to go the rest of the way up.

chappy

Reaction score
yeh mine seems to be fine but I already had dougs soleoid when i installed the tunes from tsd. So I've got no before and after. This is also a different tranny then I had due to a pump failure on the 08 5r110 I had. I will say that this tranny doesn't get confused sometimes like the 08 tranny did. The 08 tranny would forget what gear it was in sometimes and not down****f at a stop light after getting on it.

Latest posts

Members online