Bigger turbos

Reaction score
What's the biggest drop in turbo for the 6.0s I've looked at kc's stage 3 but no solid numbers on hp. What are some of your 650-750hp setups turbo and injectors

KCTurbos

Reaction score
What kind of solid numbers are you looking for? We have tons of dyno/track numbers, graphs, videos, time slips, etc.

Most drop in turbos are going to be limited to around 650-700hp max on fuel only. Most actually fall into the 600-650hp range. I have yet to see a 700hp vgt turbo fuel only backed up at the track. (but I have seen lots of high reading dyno's)

If you are looking for more than 700hp to the wheels then you will have to spray, go compounds, or bigger non-vgt (or just find a high reading dyno LOL)

What exactly are you planning to do with the truck?
Would you be happy with 650? Or do you want to get above 700hp?
Dyno/track/sled/daily driver?
Towing?
Injectors?
Built Tranny?
Fuel Only? Or do you plan on spraying?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
^What this guy said.... Ive got his stage 3 with 205/30s from holders, it drives great, tows ok. Dynoed 615, track verified with 190/30s. I had been having trouble with icp on the bigger injectors, so i havent had good numbers yet from the dyno. Track has only been run a couple times since i fixed the icp, and truck is setup a bit different, so my numbers are skewed as well.

The stage 3 would probably suck on stock injectors, the stage 2 was pretty good on stock fuel, but probably only around 450 at the wheels.

I would say truck is probably a solid 650 when running right, but trans is next, and it took quite a bit of work to get here.

Honestly, we all want to be able to pull up to a stop light, and know we are the fastest one at it, no matter what pulls up. But the reality is that does not make for a good driving truck, and most of us dont have the deep pockets to do it. If you are honest with yourself on what you want the truck to do, then youll get steered in the right direction.

Reaction score
Goals have always been 600-650 and still be able to tow moderately heavy. Recently that idea has began to change. More looking now for 650-700 of course I'd be happy with 650 but always happier with more. It seems everyone has a hard time breaking the 600-650 range without an allout designated race truck, or atleast it seems that way from what I find on here. Truck is daily driven but hoping to weed it out into more of a weekend toy and stick with driving a work truck during the week. Never going to be a sled puller, more of a occasional track/dyno more full time street toy. Obviously I want driveability so maybe vgt is more my direction. My fuel system is already set up for what I believe to be all I'll ever need, tranny will come when needed and I'm totally open for spray but 650 on fuel would be nice with the ablilty to spray to higher when needed/wanted. Ive always been stuck on 190/30's or 75's. But with new goals I know they will need to be bigger. What are you guys seeing out of 205's convential or 250 hybrids on stage 3 vgt. I would like to stick with stock oil or a modified single oil. Open to all suggestions on injector/turbo setup from anyone with proven numbers.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
205/75 and KC stage 3 should be around 600-650hp. Towing is still possible but you will have to keep your rpms up and watch your temps.

I have been running 250/100s and KC stage 3 and it is about 688hp, but those are way too big for it LOL. It does not clean up all the fuel at WOT

If you really want to get into the 700hp range then go for an s369 and 250/100. That should get you up around 700-750hp with the right supporting mods. I would HIGHLY recommend getting a higher stall converter for the tranny. Although some say towing is possible. I would not plan on towing really heavy in any altitude with any steep grades.

Reaction score
What oil are you running on those 250's if stock are you able to maintain icp. On 205/75's and your stage 3 would you be able to spray into the high 6's maybe 7's. Any data on bigger hybrids and a stage 3?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
250/100 "hybrids" will hold ICP on a good single stock pump.

205/75s and stage 3 can easily be sprayed into the 700s. These trucks/turbos love nitrous (but you are pushing the limits of the motor at that point)

I plan to run 250/100s and KC stage 3r on my race truck this year. I am hoping to spray it into the 800hp range

Reaction score
Will the 250 hybrids build in the same hp range as 225 conventials? And are you using stock oil on your 205's? The more I think about it the more I want vgt so the kc 3 will probably be my choice just have to decide on injectors and supporting mods

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Will the 250 hybrids build in the same hp range as 225 conventials? And are you using stock oil on your 205's? The more I think about it the more I want vgt so the kc 3 will probably be my choice just have to decide on injectors and supporting mods

225 conv vs 250 hybrids should make "similar" power... but that is a debate of the ages. Hybrids vs conventionals

I can tell you that 225 conv WILL NOT hold icp on a stock hpop, but 250hybrids will

Mdub707

Reaction score
It's interesting to see how things change. Back in the day no one would DD on hybrids, due to serious fuel dilution issues, but it seems that's been worked out. I'm still a huge fan of conventional injectors. You essentially are sacrificing injection pressure going with a hybrid, which I've never been a fan of, but there are definitely some upsides to running a hybrid that are hard to argue with.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Thinking used to also include massive nozzles on anything over 155 injectors. Hell, most 190's came with 100's and anything larger was 150's minimum. That is were you probably loose more pressure vs a hybrid body.

Pretty sure Charlie was one to really take the time and debunk the myth of large nozzles (in the case of injectors anyway LOL). Bigger isn't always better.

Latest posts

Members online