Light bar wiring

Tooms789

Reaction score
So I got a 20" light bar to replace the fog lights on my 06 F350. I watched a video showing wiring through the factory for wiring using a pigtail off the factory connector. Now I know there's a difference in power draw between a good rigid bar vs what I got is a cheap Chinese model from a local shop. Anyways, I tried this method and no luck. There's power going to the factory connectors and the light does work off the battery. Can I still wire them through the factory wiring if I go through a relay?

Tooms789

Reaction score
Additionally I'd like to wire my led reverse light through the factory wiring. I do have a relay set up for that but can I just splice into the reverse wiring before the tail lights? It's wired now from the batt to the relay with an inline fuse. To the lights. To ground and the last step is into the factory set up. Just not sure if I have to go from the switch or splice into the wiring in the back.

Tooms789

Reaction score
Okay so after scouring the internet for hours I am going to be wiring in a relay. My question still is though do I wire the switch side of the relay to the fuse box where the current fuse is for the fog lights. Or can I splice into the factory wiring? I'm trying to complete my 3 weeks project of lifted and refinishing the whole truck and this is one of my final hurdles so any info would help

sootie

Reaction score
What happens when you hook up the factory harness? Does it blow the fuse or just not work?

Tooms789

Reaction score
Just doesn't work. I checked the fuse and it's good. There is power going to the factory connector but it won't power the light bar

Tooms789

Reaction score
So I wired in the relay, I double and triple checked all my wiring and still nothing. Yes I tried with the key on and off to make sure I wasn't going crazy. The fuses are all good. I'm still getting power to the factory wiring, and I'm grounding to the engine bay from the relay and to the frame with the lights

sootie

Reaction score
If you have a direct to chassis ground, they likely won't work. You have to ground back to the harness.

sootie

Reaction score
he said that it works hooked up to the battery. He needs to eliminate the chassis ground and ground to the harness and it should work.

Latest posts

Members online