Leaking upper intake

20156point7

Reaction score
My upper intake has been leaking what looks too be soot for 2 or 3 months now, I have took it off multiple times and cleaned everything up nice and put new gaskets on it and still leaking. Here is a picture of where it's leaking and down in the lower intake. Notice how oily everything is? I just don't know what too do next too fix it. About too say screw it and buy an all new piping kit from mpd.

Attachments

• IMG_2523.JPG
    IMG_2523.JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2521.JPG
    IMG_2521.JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 101

Jomax

Reaction score
That’s not oil from having the CCV system in the intake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Is that under the plastic upper intake piece?

Jomax

Reaction score
Honestly never had mine leak like that from the gaskets.. only started after you lost weight?

20156point7

Reaction score
Honestly never had mine leak like that from the gaskets.. only started after you lost weight?

yes, lost weight over 40k ago. I just noticed it leaking probably 3k ago. Its leaking right where the upper plastic intake meets the lower intake. you can see in the background of the pic all the parts black from soot

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
You sure thats not coming from the egr block plate or an exhaust manifold? There shouldnt be that much soot in the intake if it has been lightened up. Looking at the second picture, it looks like the whole rh sid of the lower intake is covered, is that right?

And it doesnt appear the gasket was compromised, judging by the oil left. Jomax is right, the oil is modt likely from the ccv.

20156point7

Reaction score
No, I got someone too rev the truck up for me and I can actually see the smoke coming out in between the upper and lower intake

sootie

Reaction score
No, I got someone too rev the truck up for me and I can actually see the smoke coming out in between the upper and lower intake

There isnt smoke in there. Its either oil vapour from ccv or the gasket between the RH exhaust manifold and the egr feed pipe is leaking.

20156point7

Reaction score
I know there shouldn't be smoke coming out of the intake but it looks and smells like soot. I'm gonna have too look at the manifold a little closer

Latest posts

Members online