Fixed Turbo Tunning Question

csims4463

Reaction score
Now. I have a question. I don’t know how specific tuning gets. But I installed this Kit.

https://www.dieselperformance.com/s...turbo-kit-ford-2011-2016-6-7l-f250-f350-19553

It is obviously a pretty big difference from stock.

Using the tune available on the EZ link Ford 15-16 6.7L.FTurbo.SOTF.V2.2X from PPEI

How well is that tune tuned for this setup I wonder?

There are obviously variables in Turbo Sizes, piping kits, over stock pipes down-pipe diameters and what not.

The S364.5 isn’t a huge turbo, the kit replaces the down pipe with a much more free flowing pipe.

The truck runs well, but in the low low end sounds a lot like a gasser running open exhaust. I have a friend with a similar setup, same turbo, stock piping and downpipe. His sounds completely different and appears to respond a little different.

I guess my question is this, should I run a tune more specific to this setup then just a Fixed Turbo tune. I know with MassAirFlow sensors and Manifold Absolute Pressure sensors and all that, the truck makes changes based on the flow, but could it have a better map to go off of?

sootie

Reaction score
you need tunes dialed for your application. Contact Mike @ No Limit Fabrication and explain the kit you have. He will give you pricing and options from multiple big name tuners. His screen name is bigrpowr on here.

doo dah

Reaction score
What Sootie posted. You should be giving tire size, turbo size, VGT/Non VGT, fuel upgrades, gearing, etc...to get a very specific tune. You are still going to have lag from a stop but tuning can make a big difference in the mid RPM range which makes drivability better. I have a 63mm non vgt and I can't go with heavy throttle from a stop without tremendous smoke.

csims4463

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. I am going to run this tune for a while. Had a little boost leak. Taking care of that really cleared up the soot. From dead stop heavy on the pedal is very dark, but once I spool it cleans up to almost nothing. Downshift is pretty quick when I jump on it, get a puff and then weeeeeeeeee, turbo ups pressure and clear again.

Bigrpowr, I will keep you in mind if I dont feel like its where i want it after a couple weeks.

Thanks again everyone!!

Chris

Latest posts

Members online