Honest 6.7 turbo talk For The People

Reaction score
I don't want a smoky pig lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha ya but id be curious to see what dual pumps on a stock 15 turbo could do on the dyno. vs what we know the streetmax and dual pumps will do. Obviously with supporting mods

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
This is pulling the Clinch Mtn grade on 25E up out of Bean Station with cruise control set and 6th gear locked out. About a 7 mile grade and was taken about 3/4 up it. 68mm Non VGT 3.73 gearing on 35s. Doesn't smoke at all unless you get on it to pass someone.
c86bd5073dd883a8cb4572497ad471cf.jpg
548a916676bd572bac82d495f7155633.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S7

Jomax

Reaction score
This is pulling the Clinch Mtn grade on 25E up out of Bean Station with cruise control set and 6th gear locked out. About a 7 mile grade and was taken about 3/4 up it. 68mm Non VGT 3.73 gearing on 35s. Doesn't smoke at all unless you get on it to pass someone.
c86bd5073dd883a8cb4572497ad471cf.jpg
548a916676bd572bac82d495f7155633.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S7

Boost seems way low, did you have your foot off be pedal for a split second?

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Boost seems way low, did you have your foot off be pedal for a split second?

Nope it's on cruise control. It flows plenty of air to pull the grade smoke less. Might seem low but it's what the truck likes just cruising.

Sent from my Galaxy S7

Reaction score
Its believable for sure locked out in 6th. with a 68 non vgt!

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Whats the fuel mileage like with larger vgt or non vgt? The main purpose of my truck now is towing a 6klb race trailer all over the U.S. But I still like to play here and there

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Whats the fuel mileage like with larger vgt or non vgt? The main purpose of my truck now is towing a 6klb race trailer all over the U.S. But I still like to play here and there
With my 68mm on 35s and 373s about 16.7 to 17mph is the best I can do.

Sent from my Galaxy S7

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
What's it like with three chargers and the #tire******mod? :naughty:
So sick. Your build is incredible

seems to be about the same , but has been about 1 better in town .

Reaction score
I'm running the Streetmax X and a 2015 fuel pump in my 2011 and I actually find it not too far off from the S363 MPD kit I had before this setup. The Streetmax does spool better and has a better top end but it's not too far off. The S363 is a bit smoky in the race tune and it would lite up at about 1600 rpms. The egts never got above 1,000 but I would only stay on it for a few seconds. It had nice sound and I think it's a solid setup.
The Streetmax X has a nice whistle that sounds even better once it lites. Smoke on my sotf 5 setting is minimal. My new set of Toyo Mts are getting eaten in the rear since it can break the tire's loose easily. The S363 could if you really got on it but it would lite at once which was a different feeling then the more gradual power from the Streetmax. Personally I think you'll be happy with either set up.
I do have my S363 kit for sale on Ebay starting bid a $1250 so you could pick it up cheap and try it out. If you don't like it resale it and try a VGT.

Reaction score
Talked to the guy with 467.7 kit. He said it makes 46psi on a analog boost gauge with stock 2011 fuel. He said it runs really good once it lights lol that's what I figured he would say.
He said 1800-2000 before it lights. He also is lacking in tuning I think he said his trans really has a hard time figuring out wtf is going on. Interesting I was honestly curious to hear what he had to say. He also said for what he does he wishes he would've tried a streetmax or a smaller sxe

08Monster

Reaction score
I'm running the Streetmax X and a 2015 fuel pump in my 2011 and I actually find it not too far off from the S363 MPD kit I had before this setup. The Streetmax does spool better and has a better top end but it's not too far off. The S363 is a bit smoky in the race tune and it would lite up at about 1600 rpms. The egts never got above 1,000 but I would only stay on it for a few seconds. It had nice sound and I think it's a solid setup.
The Streetmax X has a nice whistle that sounds even better once it lites. Smoke on my sotf 5 setting is minimal. My new set of Toyo Mts are getting eaten in the rear since it can break the tire's loose easily. The S363 could if you really got on it but it would lite at once which was a different feeling then the more gradual power from the Streetmax. Personally I think you'll be happy with either set up.
I do have my S363 kit for sale on Ebay starting bid a $1250 so you could pick it up cheap and try it out. If you don't like it resale it and try a VGT.
Come with the 363 or 363sxe?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Talked to the guy with 467.7 kit. He said it makes 46psi on a analog boost gauge with stock 2011 fuel. He said it runs really good once it lights lol that's what I figured he would say.
He said 1800-2000 before it lights. He also is lacking in tuning I think he said his trans really has a hard time figuring out wtf is going on. Interesting I was honestly curious to hear what he had to say. He also said for what he does he wishes he would've tried a streetmax or a smaller sxe

no way its lighting there. it may start to light at 2000-2200 though. total waste on a stock fuel truck, and for that matter a stock motor truck. why rob peter to pay paul for power that you couldn't utilize ever on a stock motor. s300's for the win, for sure. i had a big T4 turbo , and it lit around 2400 , with a loose converter, and a ball bearing precision turbo, but that was with 100% injectors and stroker CP3 out front .

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
i have one of mpds first kits with a 64.5/68/.88 on stock fuel. 100k on it and its been great i remember when i got it i was happy it spooled like stock which was my main concern.

i just ordered a 15 pump and was thinking about going to the 64.5/73/.88 or .91 divided sx-e thoughts on how it will act over current setup? or just stick with a new 64.5/68/.88 sxe id like to be around 650hp and as close to stock/current driving characteristics as possible with a non-VGT.

Last edited:

Reaction score
i have one of mpds first kits with a 64.5/68/.88 on stock fuel. 100k on it and its been great i remember when i got it i was happy it spooled like stock which was my main concern.

i just ordered a 15 pump and was thinking about going to the 64.5/73/.88 or .91 divided sx-e thoughts on how it will act over current setup? or just stick with a new 64.5/68/.88 sxe id like to be around 650hp and as close to stock/current driving characteristics as possible with a non-VGT.

What's wrong with the turbo on it?

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
So while on vacation, boss hooked my truck with the Maryland's 364 non-VGT, CCV reroute and EZ Lynk tuner. Got back to in-laws tonight and truck was there so wife and I could drive 1.5 hours back to our house.

First impression - truck sounds way different at idle. The hissing is gone and the note is deeper. Sounds like an angry gas truck. LOL

Let truck warm up for about 4 minutes (hadn't ran since Wednesday) and wife and I headed out. Truck has way more throttle response off the bat. Power is smooth and truck sounds great as well.

When truck warmed up, I got on it about halfway and the response was awesome. The Ric Flair WOOOOO is also gone which is great. Tuning, especially the trans tuning, is awesome. It's Anarchy's tunes BTW. Truck shifts firm and clean compared to the PIP tunes I had on my SCT prior to this.

So in short, I've put about 90 miles on it (Mark put about 200 miles) and I'm definitely impressed. Amazing what good tunes and a bigger hairdryer do for these trucks. I'd like to get it on the dyno in a few weeks at XDP, where it won't really hold a candle to some of the trucks there but it will be nice to just see what she does.

Latest posts

Members online