Single 12" sub ??

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
I've been out of any audio stuff for AWHILE
I'm still running my old Dual XPE2700 400 watt amp in my 07.5 Ram. My old Xplode 12" sub finally crapped out on me after 6 years. I know my amp is small but not going to replace it.
What's a good 12" sub to look into to pair with my 400 watt amp without spending the $150+ that the local shop tried to sell me.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
Amp info
Features
2 channel digital amplifier
400 Watts Peak Power, 50 Watts x 2 RMS power @ 4 Ohms, 75 Watts x 2 RMS power @ 2 Ohms, 150 Watts x 1 RMS power @ 4 Ohms (bridged)
Class A/B Digital, MOSFET PWM power supply
Selectable crossover (high pass/low pass/full range)
High-level inputs and low-level inputs (RCA)
Low level inputs (RCA)
High level inputs (speaker wire)
Selectable crossover (hp/lp/full range)
Variable high pass & low pass crossovers
Bass boost (0, 6, 12dB)

DIESELDECK

Reaction score
believe it or not, the best 12" subs I ever had was some jensens from walmart. they out bumped my R/F xlc's and my kickers. had them on a 1,000 watt boss amp from a fleamarket. I might have had 300 bucks in the whole set up. that's been years back though.

dsberman94

Reaction score
If you just want enough to add some depth to your music I'm running a pioneer shallow mount ibflat with my 400 watt amp. It's enough to vibrate the rear view with some heavier songs but it's nothing crazy. Not sure how much is was since it was a xmas gift but it actually comes in at a little bigger than 12", closer to 13" I believe. I had to cut the 12" box bigger. I've had it for about 3 years now and it works great for me personally. But I don't listen to super bass music super loud either. It's just enough to keep me content.

Latest posts

Members online