No cruise control

greyford1979

Reaction score
Well I have no cruise in my 2000 and I have searched all over the net, and pretty much finding the same thing. My switch on the brake booster is new, my buttons on the steering wheel are new, but no cruise. All brake lights work, horn works, speedo works and didn't really see any loose connections. Could the clock spring still be bad even though the horns work and have no air bag light on? Is there a separate module on these that controls the cruise? Definitely not trying to drive this thing 11 hours without cruise on vacation at the end of September lol.

79jasper

Reaction score
Cruise is in the pcm.
Start checking fuses. There is a cruise fuse.
Do you have AE?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

PDT1081

Reaction score
Well I have no cruise in my 2000 and I have searched all over the net, and pretty much finding the same thing. My switch on the brake booster is new, my buttons on the steering wheel are new, but no cruise. All brake lights work, horn works, speedo works and didn't really see any loose connections. Could the clock spring still be bad even though the horns work and have no air bag light on? Is there a separate module on these that controls the cruise? Definitely not trying to drive this thing 11 hours without cruise on vacation at the end of September lol.

Auto or manual?

dmd

Reaction score
If it has the fuse recall, check the pigtail fuse...

Also check if the parking brake is released all the way.

dmd

Reaction score
If you had the cruise control recall they put a pigtail with a fuse in it that
is attached to the cutoff switch on the brake booster. The switch can catch
on fire if it shorts out and burn the truck down, or your house if parked in the
garage.

greyford1979

Reaction score
If you had the cruise control recall they put a pigtail with a fuse in it that
is attached to the cutoff switch on the brake booster. The switch can catch
on fire if it shorts out and burn the truck down, or your house if parked in the
garage.

Ok gotcha, yeah mine is brand new.

dmd

Reaction score
Is the switch new of the fuse? If the pigtail fuse is burnt out, could have burnt out from the old switch. Could even temporally remove the recall pigtail. Just trying to think of everything.

greyford1979

Reaction score
Is the switch new of the fuse? If the pigtail fuse is burnt out, could have burnt out from the old switch. Could even temporally remove the recall pigtail. Just trying to think of everything.

Mine still had the original switch in it, since it was so cheap I decided to replace it since it was so cheap when I found out my cruise wasn't working.

greyford1979

Reaction score
Well I got a chance to look at this today. I checked the pigtail fuses today, never even noticed they were there lol. I new the pigtail was there but never even realized those were fused links. Well sure enough, the one 2 amp fuse is blown. Decided to check the wires running to the switch connector, had power on one wire but not the other. Unfortunately don't have any 2 amp fuses, but temporarily tried a 5 amp fuse just to see if I had power to both wires. Well yep, both are good to go. Checked wiring on the steering column as well just to be safe, all seemed to be good. Didn't get to take it for a test spin to see if it works, but I'm pretty sure that was the problem. Thanks dmd for the tip about the fuses. I've done head gaskets on this thing yet never knew about something as simple as those fuses for the pigtail LOL.

greyford1979

Reaction score
:rockon: I have cruise again! Thanks again dmd. Now I don't have to worry about my knee feeling like it's broken after my 11 hour drive down to the Outer Banks next month.

dmd

Reaction score
Fuse blew when the old switch shorted out, good that you replaced it. Could have
burnt the truck down without the fuses.

Now get the proper fuse back in there.

Glad to help!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.