weird ipr issue

tyler2k

Reaction score
so iv got a 03 6.0, with in the last 30k iv done injectors, hpop and cooler. my ipr at warm is always 25% and my icp is between 630 and 640. iv noticed when I get close to 3k miles on my oil I'll be sitting at a light and the ipr will go up to 27 to 29 and the truck will sound different. icp tends to stay the same maybe once in awhile getting to 650 for a second. but when I put fresh oil in it the problem goes away. any ideas

CJunkie

Reaction score
Kinda curious what oil you're using now. Don't know if I would worry about it, it's a good reminder to change it I guess

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

tyler2k

Reaction score
I'm using the t6 full synthetic, I thought maybe the screen but why would it only happen when my oil gets older

Addicted4

Reaction score
If the screen is partially plugged fresh oil will flow thru it easier than dirty oil. Also you could be having a fuel dilution issue with the injectors spilling over into the oil. 6.0 have fuel dilution of the oil more than other engines.

I would also possibly switch oil to LE 8700. Call or text jim k and he will get you set up.

Addicted4

Reaction score
And what problem are you having besides ipr duty cycle going up as oil gets contaminated? How does the truck run, drive, start cold and hot?

tyler2k

Reaction score
none really it feels like it idles a bit different but everything feels the same

tyler2k

Reaction score
and my oil level never moves so I don't think I'm getting fuel into my oil

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
If the screen is partially plugged fresh oil will flow thru it easier than dirty oil. Also you could be having a fuel dilution issue with the injectors spilling over into the oil. 6.0 have fuel dilution of the oil more than other engines.

I would also possibly switch oil to LE 8700. Call or text jim k and he will get you set up.
We switched to driven oils LE has changed some stuff. Pm me or get ahold of jim for info. Im his shop manager. Have been for 6-8 months now. Lol

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online