6.4 non-vgt compounds

Mhatt

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I am currently considering fabricating my own non-vgt compound kit for my built 6.4 powerstroke. The engine already has forged pistons, billet, ARP hardware, stage 4 heads, custom cam, and 150 hp injectors. I am currently running a single borg warner sxe 66/72 and it seems very smokey and laggy like I am not getting the most out of my engine. I would really like to add a larger low pressure turbo where my passenger side battery is and a 40mm external waste-gate on the 66 high pressure turbo. I am a college engineering student and am very mechanically inclined and have some experience with installing and modifying turbos but have never fabricated an entire compound setup including the piping and all. I was wondering how much faster the compounds will spool and what hp rating this setup would put me at. I also plan on keeping this truck for a long time so if there could be any negative longevity effects to the engine such as compression issues I would like to consider that as well before I go ahead with the build. Most importantly I am wondering what kind of low pressure turbo you guys would recommend for this build. I am considering a borg warner s400 with a 80mm billet compression wheel. Any input at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

akf250

Reaction score
Put this in the 6.4 Aftermarket Section. You'll get a better response.

Latest posts

Members online