New from Louisiana

marshgrunt

Reaction score
I’m the new guy, ... new to this site as well as new to diesel truck ownership. Recently bought a used 2018 F-250 6.7L KR and am anxious to find out all about diesel ownership. Best engine oil, true maintenance schedules for the common items and what needs special attention, what to watch out for. Thanks in advance for the welcome aboard and initial information.

Diesel625

Reaction score
Welcome. It’s great to add another member. Everybody has their own opinions on what’s best. I’m partial to schaeffers fluids and motorcraft filters. I think the manual recommends 10k intervals, but it depends on several factors. What your using the truck for, how much idle time, stop and go or highway, temperatures, and so on. Most would say I’m overdoing it, but on a 6.7, I like to do 7500 miles oil changes, and 15k fuel filters, and I change the air filter every other oil change. I use mine heavily. It’s a welding truck and regularly tows my 40ft gn with about 10-15k lbs worth of steel on it. Plus, I work in 120 degree weather where its very dusty. I also run schaeffers diesel treat 2000 in every tank. Make sure and drain the water separator regularly too. I do mine every week. It’s overkill, but it can’t hurt.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online