Blue top steering box

Addicted4

Reaction score
When I swapped my front axle in favor of the coil 08 axle I noticed more pronounced slop in the steering wheel and wandering on the road. I looked into swapping to a 05-07 box or to a 11-16 box. After research and talking with blue top I decide to stick with the 00-04 box. Ordered on Monday and received it on Thursday, super fast shipping and package very well. I installed it the next day off following there flush and bleeding procedure and all I can say is great things about how the truck drives. Hopefully I can tow in the next couple weeks cause that was when I noticed the wandering the most.

Definitely recommend this product to anyone needing a new rebuilt box.

Reaction score
When I swapped my front axle in favor of the coil 08 axle I noticed more pronounced slop in the steering wheel and wandering on the road. I looked into swapping to a 05-07 box or to a 11-16 box. After research and talking with blue top I decide to stick with the 00-04 box. Ordered on Monday and received it on Thursday, super fast shipping and package very well. I installed it the next day off following there flush and bleeding procedure and all I can say is great things about how the truck drives. Hopefully I can tow in the next couple weeks cause that was when I noticed the wandering the most.

Definitely recommend this product to anyone needing a new rebuilt box.
Any updates on the steering box now that you have had it for awhile? I am in the market for a simple replacement as well.

MeTo

Reaction score
I have had a blue top box in my OBS for a couple of years now and tow a travel trailer all over the west. I'm completely satisfied with it. I talked with the proprietor and ended up adjusting the lash to zero. My OBS steers like our Accord now. I had to relearn not to over steer.

rescuejg

Reaction score
Another vote for BlueTop.

I've had mine installed about 18 months. So far so good. I installed a 2016 gear in my 99.

I originally bought a steering gear from the Ford dealer (they only sell rebuilt from China) and it had some play in it when I checked with dial indicator. I called Blue Top and they said there should be zero play. I returned the Ford gear and ordered a Blue Top. I checked it and it indeed had zero play.

Latest posts

Members online