Using live wire for egt with plx kit

loboost

Reaction score
My egt gauge has taken a **** so I'm thinking about just using my 5015 for egt. I know sct discontinued their egt kit but recommend plx devices kit instead.

Is the sct analog cable still needed with the plx? Or is the plx kit all inclusive?

Anyone have experience with this?

webb06

Reaction score
You'll need either the sct cable or you can buy a 6-6 FireWire cable and make your own. It's a pain either way. Sct needs to rethink the pyro situation for sure

loboost

Reaction score
You'll need either the sct cable or you can buy a 6-6 FireWire cable and make your own. It's a pain either way. Sct needs to rethink the pyro situation for sure
Yes it is. There are a few egr kits that will plug and play...but damn...200$

JMS sells a plug & play kit which I may and up buying. I'd like to incorporate boost & fuel psi into the 5015 as well and do away with the pod altogether, and I know I'll need a FireWire cable for that.

webb06

Reaction score
I've used jms before as well. Seemed to be a better install kit but for some reason sct recommends the PLX kit

loboost

Reaction score
I've used jms before as well. Seemed to be a better install kit but for some reason sct recommends the PLX kit
I think they recommend it because you still have to buy an analog cable which they still sell. Lol
Yea I know idp sells the jms kit which is probably what I'll end up with. 200$ for a probe kit is ridiculous.

Had sct not discontinued one of the most used items, this wouldn't be an issue lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online