New to me 99 F-350

ca1297

Reaction score
Alright, I just bought a 1999 F-350 powerstroke kind of sight unseen and it's have a tranny issue and I don't know if it's bc of the edge evolution that is loaded on the truck or if it's just shifting hard bc something in the trans is messed up. I've tried un-loading the tune and returning the truck to stock but it keeps getting stuck in the middle of the process, I've talked with edge tech support 4-5 times and they have shipped me out two different modules and it's still does the same thing. They are still unable to diagnose my problem so I'm kind of at a stand still at the moment I've just been babying it around. Also about two weeks ago my overdrive light started flashing for about 5 mins then just quit and hasn't came back on since. Anyway if anyone has had any similar issues let me know if you were able to resolve em. Thanks
bu4emu9u.jpg
uhy9adu9.jpg

DcMoore

Reaction score
It would be best if you can get the code that popped up (OD light flashing). More than likely it is stored in the memory so you should still be able to get the code..

Arisley

Reaction score
And you will not be able to get the code from a auto parts store code reader. You need a real scanner for it.

Where are you located, you may be able to get somebody close by with a scanner to help you out.

If you are planning to keep the truck and do your own work, you should invest in AE. It is an invaluable tool for working on these trucks, and for any vehicle really.

http://www.strictlydiesel.com/p-2745-autoenginuity-total-ford-bundle.aspx

MoonShiner

Reaction score
I had an Edge on mine for awhile and with a '99 PCM (XLE4) it screwed the shifting up too.
I changed the PCM to an '01 model (PMT2) and it worked much better.

Latest posts

Members online