Intake Y Pipe on Beans Billet Plenums

trevdalocal

Reaction score
Installing an Irate T4 kit with Beans billet plenums... How the heck do you get the y pipe into the plenums? Is there a trick to this? I've tried every possible boot placement to start and I can't seem to get both legs of the Y into the plenums, no matter how hard I try. The plenum inlets are so high it doesn't leave much room for play. Doesn't help that the turbo is right above the driver's side inlet. There must be some way to do this that I'm not seeing. What do the vets here say?

Nothing seems to be going right on this project. Got a bunk control module for the efuel, got shipped a radiator instead of an intercooler, ARP bolts for the plenums were back ordered, Diesel Orings order of CCV orings got lost in the mail for two weeks, had to unweld and reweld the downpipe flange for the pipe to line up. About to set this truck on fire!

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
I feel your pain, I've had as many issues with parts as you're going through now, its unbelievable the problem with the aftermarket diesel industry....

As far as your problem, I'm not sure, can you post up some pics? I just have stock plenums with an e99 spyder, and just getting one boot in fully, then using a screwdriver to pry the other boot around the spyder outlet usually works for me. Just be careful you dont cut/damage the boot!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Not that I've ever installed what you have but usually radiator hose picks get the job done and they won't pierce the boot.

rusty1161

Reaction score
If worse comes to worse, you may have to cut down the boots. I ended up doing that to make mine fit. I held the boot next to the plenum/wye pipe assembly and eye balled it. Worked fine, just unsightly and stung a bit to cut on new boots.

Rusty

Reaction score
Hmmm you are making me want to go dummy mine up to see....probably be better to work all that out while it is still on the stand. Same set up, new Swamps engine, Beans plenums, Irate Y pipe.

trevdalocal

Reaction score
Alright, sorry for the long delay, been busy with other things. Managed to get the y pipe in.
I put boots on both plenums, sprayed some non-chlor brake clean on the inside of both boots and outsides of the y pipe. I shoved the y pipe into the driver's side first, then used a screwdriver to pry around the passenger side boot. I sort of tipped the y pipe toward the front of the truck, as you can't tip sideways, the turbo gets in the way. Make sure when you clock the turbo, you leave enough room between the outlet and the driver side plenum!
The boots are actually a lot strechier than I thought they would be, the brake clean lubes it up a little, but doesn't stay slippery. It does evaporate fairly rapidly, so you need to work quickly. You can always spray more on. I "jumped on it" and put a fair amount of force into it, and with a little prying of the screwdriver, it slipped right in. Once both legs of the y pipe are in, you can finesse everything around to get it sitting just right, as the boots may shift around a little in the struggle. Hope that helps someone!

Latest posts

Members online