Painting my motor.. Need tips!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Kawasaki green

Dont do it!!!

2917379350100112691S600x600Q85.jpg

Here's mine. Can't beat the classic Ford blue.

00be175c.jpg

Copy cat... LOL

2954399380100112691S600x600Q85.jpg

Strokersace

Reaction score
Ok, so question for everyone... Should I paint the pan to match the valve covers?

Originally I was going to paint everything black, with the front cover and valley being silver. The only red was to be on the vc's only. But after looking closer at the pic I attached of the motor that went into Amanda's truck (torredor red SD at DI), the pan matches the vc's. Then looked at project yak's pics and see that the pink vc's and pan match. I really kinda like that look.

Just want others opinions on whether to paint the pan red or keep it black with the rest of the block????

Here's a pic of my VC's LineX'd and painted RED.

IMAG0079.jpg

Here's the 2 motors from DI that I referenced. The 1st is what I posted before but you can tell that the pan is the same color as the VC's. Yak's motor also.

134.jpg

IMG_20110319_170233.jpg

BTW, I'm installing in a white truck. All other accents on the motor (brackets, turbo, exhaust manifolds, up-pipes, etc) are in silver.

bpcheramie

Reaction score
The_Green_One.jpg

Ok all three of the motors that came out of DI have been done by me so if you have any questions about them ask away... The pan and the VC are the same color on the red engine and that is the engine that is in Amanda's Truck. That paint was easy to do when it came to that fing pink which was a witch... No if you would like I can get you some pics of them in the trucks so you can see what you will see of it once you are done... I will tell you make sure that you have enough paint to do the job on the first go around because I found that the color did change between batches....

Last edited:

bpcheramie

Reaction score
I think it will be difficult to keep the bright colors clean looking but they look great in those photos. I will also cast a negative vote on the lime green. Sorry Wacker.

It is not as hard as you may thing to keep clean... No if you want a engine that you can eat off then dont put it in the truck. I get some pics of mine today it has been under the hood for around 10K and has been off road and I only hit it wit a pressure washer maybe twice since I put it in the truck....

97-stroker

Reaction score
Love the ford blue...anyone ever thought about like a dark ford green. About the same color they used on the 08 trucks. I think it would look cool.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Ok all three of the motors that came out of DI have been done by me so if you have any questions about them ask away... The pan and the VC are the same color on the red engine and that is the engine that is in Amanda's Truck. That paint was easy to do when it came to that fing pink which was a witch... No if you would like I can get you some pics of them in the trucks so you can see what you will see of it once you are done... I will tell you make sure that you have enough paint to do the job on the first go around because I found that the color did change between batches....

You must have used a spray guy to paint those motors? I can seen the colors being slightly different between batches.

I'm just using the DupliColor rattle can engine emamel paint. Seems to be holding up fairly well and looks pretty good. I went ahead and pulled the pan and painted it red to match the valve covers. Really looking forward to getting it finished. Also went ahead and pulled the font cover to paint it seperately from the block. All the small stuff is ready to be sprayed. Still need to mask off the block to get it sprayed.

David S.

Reaction score
the lime green is looking really mean! can't wait to see the finished product

genuineford

Reaction score
You must have used a spray guy to paint those motors? I can seen the colors being slightly different between batches.

I'm just using the DupliColor rattle can engine emamel paint. Seems to be holding up fairly well and looks pretty good. I went ahead and pulled the pan and painted it red to match the valve covers. Really looking forward to getting it finished. Also went ahead and pulled the font cover to paint it seperately from the block. All the small stuff is ready to be sprayed. Still need to mask off the block to get it sprayed.

I had issues with the DupliColor rattle can engine enamel paint being slightly different shades.

Strokersace

Reaction score
How bout tan with dark green VC's and pan. Whatever the 3rd color is in your pinstriping, paint little accents that color. Would be bad azz and custom to your truck.

Got mine painted. Thanks to Brent at DI for the help over the phone. Will get pics posted soon.

02POWERSTROKE7.3

Reaction score
How bout tan with dark green VC's and pan. Whatever the 3rd color is in your pinstriping, paint little accents that color. Would be bad azz and custom to your truck.

Got mine painted. Thanks to Brent at DI for the help over the phone. Will get pics posted soon.

I was kind of thinking about doing that how you said With black accents.

Latest posts

Members online