More headlight questions.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I plan on getting these here sometime to get rid of my stock headlights.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUAL...odel:F-250&hash=item35b2224cd6#ht_4859wt_1167

One question I have is that I know with the 97's it gets tricky when ordering parts and what not. So I searched 96 instead of 97 and was just wanting to make sure that the headlight in the link is indeed what im looking for. Its pretty obviouse, just making sure.

Also it looks like in the pictures that the new headlights come with the border peice that surrounds the headlight. Therefore I would not use the factory chrome ones.

Lastly I wanted to know if anyone has bought these exact lights or similar to, and what you think of them. Also of the seller and manufactuerer of the headlights.

I just wanted t overify before I bought. Thanks.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
They look like they will work to me man. I have not had any experience with these lights but maybe someone will chime in who has, I just know when I bought aftermarket lights for my obs I went cheap and I can tell ya they were built cheap as well, they didnt really fit the best and I never could get them adjusted like I wanted them, but these are more pricy hopefully they are built good and would fit just fine.

YoungFordAddict66

Reaction score
I have those lights but are chrome on the inside and not black. And yes you 97 uses the same headlights as a 96. Idk why they dont list the 97, maybe cause thats when that 1/2 tons changed. Yes they come with the molded in bezel, the border piece, so you cant remove it and put your chrome one on. The lights are super bright, i think my blinker shines farther than my old high beams did on my old fogged up lights. But these lights are kinda hard to aim compared to other lights and take some patients but are well worth it. A trick to helping you get them aligned easier is go buy 10-15 little washers that fit over the top mounting bolts to help push the top out, because without them it will wanna suck the top in really far. When i bought mine back in the spring the only manufactuer of these lights was Eagle Eye, idk if thats changed or not not but mine are really well built and i get compliments on these lights a lot.

On a side note if you ever want to run HID's get a 35W kit and not a 55W kit because the 55W kit puts out to much power for these lights since the light beam is already so powerful and a 55W kit could do some damage. SO a 35W kit in these lights is just as bright if not brighter than a 55W kit in other headlights.
P1050181.jpg

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
They look like they will work to me man. I have not had any experience with these lights but maybe someone will chime in who has, I just know when I bought aftermarket lights for my obs I went cheap and I can tell ya they were built cheap as well, they didnt really fit the best and I never could get them adjusted like I wanted them, but these are more pricy hopefully they are built good and would fit just fine.
Right on thanks.
I have those lights but are chrome on the inside and not black. And yes you 97 uses the same headlights as a 96. Idk why they dont list the 97, maybe cause thats when that 1/2 tons changed. Yes they come with the molded in bezel, the border piece, so you cant remove it and put your chrome one on. The lights are super bright, i think my blinker shines farther than my old high beams did on my old fogged up lights. But these lights are kinda hard to aim compared to other lights and take some patients but are well worth it. A trick to helping you get them aligned easier is go buy 10-15 little washers that fit over the top mounting bolts to help push the top out, because without them it will wanna suck the top in really far. When i bought mine back in the spring the only manufactuer of these lights was Eagle Eye, idk if thats changed or not not but mine are really well built and i get compliments on these lights a lot.

On a side note if you ever want to run HID's get a 35W kit and not a 55W kit because the 55W kit puts out to much power for these lights since the light beam is already so powerful and a 55W kit could do some damage. SO a 35W kit in these lights is just as bright if not brighter than a 55W kit in other headlights.
P1050181.jpg

Thanks alot man. That just about made my mind. They look REALLY good on your truck there. And yeah I think I got some patients. lol I proolly wont go HID right off the bat, but when I do Ill be sure to do the 35W. Thanks again man!:ford:

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Hey youngfordaddict, Just wondering, whats the blue object behind your grill on the passenger side???

YoungFordAddict66

Reaction score
Hey youngfordaddict, Just wondering, whats the blue object behind your grill on the passenger side???

Always glad to help. Haha oh man thats part of my radiator gaurd for the winterto keep my truck warm, its like a plastic cardboard kinda material.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
One question I have is that I know with the 97's it gets tricky when ordering parts and what not.

It's because of the light duty, lame F250 that was also produced in 97. Nearly every parts catalog only shows parts for up to 96, but anything that fits a 96 will fit your truck.

Latest posts