12v into an obs questions

genuineford

Reaction score
Those of you that did a 12v swap into an obs, what engine mounts did you use. Any other parts I would need to get for the swap to work. I plan on using the dodge trans and transfer case. I will just modify or fabricate a new trans cross member. Anything I need to take into consideration. I have a feeling I will be doing one of these in the near future.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
subscribing to this one for a friend.

Whats the latest way to do the wiring harness... do you need to keep the PCM, im guessing you do?

What is the best radiator to use or can the stock 7.3 one work?

genuineford

Reaction score
I am still looking for an engine and trans for mine. I would like to do a 12v as it would allow me to make the power that I eventually want to have in this truck. I was hoping to find a whole donor truck so I don't have to search for parts.

Countryboy07

Reaction score
subscribed, going to need all the info i can get for my 92 crew cab idi to 24v swap

Check out this link: http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/c...on/301742-1993-ford-24v-cummins-crew-cab.html

I am still looking for an engine and trans for mine. I would like to do a 12v as it would allow me to make the power that I eventually want to have in this truck. I was hoping to find a whole donor truck so I don't have to search for parts.

Thats what I did... I was searching high and low for a good 12V donor truck, but couldn't find one, so I ended up with my '98 24V truck instead. Now that I have the entire truck, I don't have to search for parts.

5ninef250

Reaction score
subscribing to this one for a friend.

Whats the latest way to do the wiring harness... do you need to keep the PCM, im guessing you do?

What is the best radiator to use or can the stock 7.3 one work?

I removed all portions of the harness except the tach, engine temp and oil pressure. The factory PSD radiator is the way to go.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
I know of a 24v needs a hone, rings and bearings for 500 bucks steve. swap on a p-pump with p-pump front cover with some scheids or haisley lines, reset your injector pop-off to about 290 bar (anywhere between 280 and 300 is where to be) and good to go.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score

Probably the best way to go in my opinion Steve. That way you've got just about everything you need except, engine mounts, and some plumbing!

Latest posts

Members online