Opinions on RSK??

freddie

Reaction score
I'm looking to go with a PMF RSK on my truck with Super Duty leafs. I've been reading on it a LOT.

I'm considering either:
3.5" RSK with used U code leafs
2.25" RSK with used V code leafs

Here's how the truck sits
th_DSC_0331.png

Used U code leafs wouldn't really add any additional height would they? I would just get whatever height that the RSK was, right?
What would used V code leaf springs add?

I've done tons of reading but I'm still undecided. I'd like to net about 3" of lift in the front from where the truck sits now. I'll worry about lifting the rear once I get the front up and get measurements for the rear.

Do you guys with CCSB's suggest U or V codes? I am a little concerned that if i go with the 3.5" RSK and U codes, and decide to firm it up with V's, that I'll get additional lift beyond what I want. Then again wouldn't I be able to select some Bilstein 5100's with different valving in order to compensate for the softer U codes?

Lets hear it!!

zilla68

Reaction score
just a note, the pmf rsk will not fit a 6.0 intercooler, you don't show one in your sig, but a 7.3 looks to work, I am just finding this out.

mine sure rides so much better now. I used exactly what diesel brad listed in his build up on psn,and ordered springs from sunrise.

freddie

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! I have an IC but I'll have to ID it, it's been years and my memory gets worse by the day.

What do you have, U or V codes?

I just ordered a 3.5" kit maybe 3 hours ago. But I JUST saw a pic with one and I didn't like how much lower the front hanger was. I may change it to 2.25".

Compare these 2 trucks, I don't notice much of a height difference but the front hanger is a bit lower.. I believe the first is a 3.5"RSK and the second is 2.25".
_3.5%20RSK%20w%20V%20codes%20and%2035s_zpstv67gcwd.png

th_1394923641087_zpsctsehwwd.png

Last edited:

rickdavis81

Reaction score
I've got the 2.25" with U's up front and b codes in the rear running 35" bfg's. Rides a ton better. Cleared my banks intercooler.

Attachments

• outside 2.jpg
    outside 2.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 212
  • outside.jpg
    outside.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 199

97White'nSilver

Reaction score
Ive had my pmf 3.5 rsk with x codes (had a bad code chart) on for about 3000 miles and have to say I'm happy I got the x codes. I don't have a sway bar now but I feel like anything softer than these would have even worse body roll. As it is the ride has completely changed, definitely the best mod I've done so far for comfort and best of all no more bouncing sideways on washboard. Another note is the lift specs on pmf's website are for v codes so if you want 3 inches of lift you would want either the 3.5 with u codes or settle for the 2.25 with v codes. Here's a pic with the lift and stock everything in the rear I netted about 4.5" of lift in the front.
20151024_100314_zpsyjmspxab.jpg

freddie

Reaction score
I think I may indeed go with V codes for a little firmer ride than the U codes. One of the local places on car-part.com shows both U codes and V codes in stock, but gives the V codes an A condition rating, vs a C for the U codes. I hadn't called to ask what was wrong with the U codes.

97White'nSilver, do you have any pics of the 3.5" RSK with the factory bumper installed?

97White'nSilver

Reaction score
I don't now but I'll throw my stocker back on tonight for a few pics tomorrow morning. What were you wondering about it? As far as using the u codes I would imagine that with a sway bar on you would be fine as long as you werent towing heavy frequently. I haven't towed since the lift but from how it feels unloaded I would say that you want a sway bar even with my x codes if you're going to be pulling over 5k or so IMO

freddie

Reaction score
Hey thanks! Don't worry about swapping out bumpers man! Haha, I do appreciate the willingness to help but you don't have to go that far with it. I did decide just to swap to a 2.25" kit and called Trevor.

I will have to check, I vaguely recall torching the front sway bar when pulling the donor axle, but I can't remember what I cut. I want to say I just cut the bolts but we'll see. I do plan on installing a set of air bags in the rear at some point so that may help.

I think I'll go 2.25" and V codes. So you're saying that with the extra trailer weight that with the softer front suspension, the truck gets more body roll or the front just wants to dive when braking?

97White'nSilver

Reaction score
I've noticed both more body roll and dive unloaded but that comes with a lift and springs that ride better. I think with more weight it would only make it worse. The biggest reason I think a sway bar is good for towing is tight corners. Mine likes to load really heavy on the inside and then when I come out it sorta hops toward the outside of the road but I do drive pretty agressively.

Reaction score
I have x codes with 3.5 RSK from PMF and my front end dives really hard, but I think that brake diving has a lot to do with shocks and mine are crap rancho ones. I was amazed how much better my truck handled after the RSK completely different feel when driving, in a good way.

zilla68

Reaction score
just a note, the pmf rsk will not fit a 6.0 intercooler, you don't show one in your sig, but a 7.3 looks to work, I am just finding this out.

mine sure rides so much better now. I used exactly what diesel brad listed in his build up on psn,and ordered springs from sunrise.

I can confirm the 7.3 works with the pmf rsk, but there is no way the 6.0 would fit unless the cross bar was removed and refitted after the 6.0 was installed

freddie

Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone! 2.25" RSK, Vcodes, and Bilstein 5100's is the plan. Will decide on the rear later.

Waiting on a few more parts and my axles will be assembled. Grizzly lockers front and rear, all new ujoints, balljoints, Timken bearings & seals, brakes front and rear, driveshaft ujoints, hydroboost brakes, etc. I am really excited to drive the truck when all of this is done. Should ride a million times better than the stiff clunky TTB, with better traction, better braking and steering too. My brakes are toast, front leaf spring bushings gone, shocks appear to be original, etc.

I'm still toying with the idea of going high-steer while I have the knuckles off.

Last edited:

fordman67

Reaction score
I can confirm the 7.3 works with the pmf rsk, but there is no way the 6.0 would fit unless the cross bar was removed and refitted after the 6.0 was installed

So the sky with a 6.0 fits that i have but not pmf? I was planning the switch but maybe not now.

zilla68

Reaction score
So the sky with a 6.0 fits that i have but not pmf? I was planning the switch but maybe not now.

don't know about a sky set up. I know the pmf wouldn't fit with my 6.0
but i'd just order the pmf set up from trevor and leave the front cross bar either tacked or left off, install it and then weld it in.

OR
have him move the cross bar forward as far as possible then youd' be fine.

bluedge8

Reaction score
Well I ordered the PMF 2.25" RSK with tow hooks and receiver hitch. It will take me some time to get all the parts gathered up but I am looking forward to getting it installed.

bluedge8

Reaction score
Ok another question, do you guys find needing to raise the rear with u codes and 2.25" RSK? I want to stay as low as possible and my truck is raked big time I figured it would level me out.

freddie

Reaction score
Ok another question, do you guys find needing to raise the rear with u codes and 2.25" RSK? I want to stay as low as possible and my truck is raked big time I figured it would level me out.

I just got the RSk on my truck last week. Truck sits near perfectly level with the stock F350 4" block in the rear.

I still have a few things to finish up. Track bar bracket should be here Wednesday, so I will get that installed as well as the drop pitman arm. I will then test drive it again, and potentially install a front sway bar.

Kicking around the idea of airbags out back.

Attachments

• 20160403_1818182.jpg
    20160403_1818182.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:

bluedge8

Reaction score
what size tire do you have on that?

I have the 2.25" rsk in the garage and the u codes at the dealer ready to pick up. I need spring hanger bolts and fox shocks then I should be complete.

freddie

Reaction score
They are worn out 35x12.5R17 BFG KM2's.

Hopefully your swap goes as easily as mine did. I could not believe how easily every bolt in the TTB suspension came out, even U bolts! I had to cut 2 bolts, the rear leaf spring hanger bolts. Otherwise... it was surprisingly less cutting/torching than I expected. And I lucked out and found a buyer for my Dana 50 & F250 leafs.

Latest posts

Members online