2016 F250 w/ snow plow package and leveling kit

dadada

Reaction score
Anyone level their superduty with snow plow package? How much lift was used to level?

J98

Reaction score
Try the Rough Country 2" Ford Leveling Spacers. They're cheap, work awesome and are simple to install. With the 1.5" kit, you will get a tiny bit of squat in the front. I will try an dig up a pic of my '11 with the 1.5" kit, it had the prep package.

Last edited:

dadada

Reaction score
We install snowplows all the time at the company I work for. Plow package or no plow package, it seems like on the Fords the plow undercarriage is always low enough to slam into the curb.

We use the Rough Country 2" Ford Leveling Spacers. They're cheap, work awesome and are simple to install.

We used the RC 1.5" coil spring upgrade kit they offered and ended up taking them off and just using the spacers with the stock springs instead.
I have a ready lift 2.5 leveling kit sitting in the box but was unsure about putting it on.

sootie

Reaction score
do you have a tape measure? or am i missing something obvious here...

J98

Reaction score
Others could say better on the 2.5" kit, but I know that the 2" kit will get you sitting level. IDK how to attach pics otherwise I would.

dadada

Reaction score
do you have a tape measure? or am i missing something obvious here...

I was waiting for that! Its not delivered yet but is on its way. Purchased from the south being brought up north. I bought a leveling kit really cheap just because the box was opened, couldn't pass it up. If it wont work, I can always sell it. Was wondering if 2.5" was too much for a truck with snow plow package?

brown1

Reaction score
4e43a2f0981bf0566c8331dd1b4ffe5e.jpg
2.5” carli springs and 35’s. would like to throw on a cool bumper but too scared it will look silly with plow bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J98

Reaction score
couldn’t pass it up. just had to take it off father in laws truck and install on mine. beats my open cab tractor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This trend seems to be getting more and more common. Where I work, every year we see less XL/XLT trucks coming in for plows and more Lariat/Platinums. 2-3 years later they will trade them off and swap all the equipment over to the new model. Amazes me, however the demand is so high for the used top trims that dealers will pay top dollar..

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
This trend seems to be getting more and more common. Where I work, every year we see less XL/XLT trucks coming in for plows and more Lariat/Platinums. 2-3 years later they will trade them off and swap all the equipment over to the new model. Amazes me, however the demand is so high for the used top trims that dealers will pay top dollar..

Because people are plowing with their daily driver....? They can only have one truck, so they want it to be a nice one. Pretty simple.

I plow with a regular cab beater but I see the appeal. Personally I don't want limbs hitting the truck or the danger of crunching up a nice truck if I skid in to something (or something skids into me) but some people don't care.

If you plow roads or parking lots there's also less risks to the truck.

dadada

Reaction score
Well I'm finally replying back. Even with the 6000lb springs in the front of the truck, it still sits 2.5" lower. So my 2.5" leveling kit should do the trick. Just for the info.

sootie

Reaction score
Well I'm finally replying back. Even with the 6000lb springs in the front of the truck, it still sits 2.5" lower. So my 2.5" leveling kit should do the trick. Just for the info.

If the front is 2.5" lower than the back, and you add 2.5" of lift, you realize the truck will looked sacked out right?

dadada

Reaction score
Math is great, I'm telling you that it will appear sacked to the eye.
Help me understand what you are trying to say. If the truck sits 2.5" lower in the front and I add a leveling kit, wouldn't that level my truck? No different than the black Superduty posted by Brown1 with 2.5 carli springs. What do you mean by sacked?

sootie

Reaction score
Help me understand what you are trying to say. If the truck sits 2.5" lower in the front and I add a leveling kit, wouldn't that level my truck? No different than the black Superduty posted by Brown1 with 2.5 carli springs. What do you mean by sacked?
That the ass will look lower than the front. Technically level and visually level are two different things.

You want 3/4 to 1" of rake to make the truck appear level to the eye

dadada

Reaction score
That the ass will look lower than the front. Technically level and visually level are two different things.

You want 3/4 to 1" of rake to make the truck appear level to the eye

Ok, my apologies. Honestly didn't know what "sacked " meant. I'm going to dig in and try it. Thank you sir!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.