T4 questions

BS Hauler

Reaction score
I have a 38R with stock injectors and a BullyDog and 6spd.. To me if you just drive from stop light to stop light then I bet playing with all these turbo options is all right. I have been pulling horses for a long time and to me once you are on the road there isn't much difference. I use my truck as a truck. I am not going to spend $5,000 playing with different turbos just so I can get to the next stop light 3 seconds faster. The only thing I don't like about my 38R is the noise.

Edit. One of the reason I would stay with a drop in style is when you are 900 miles from home with 4 horses in the trailer you need to be able to fix things where ever. You have to be able to get parts and not homemade ones from some speed shop 2,000 miles away.

Last edited:

INFRNL

Reaction score
I guess if you are out on the road and your turbo happens to fail; you can wait til Ford opens the next morning and hope they have a turbo in stock.

Sometimes I think i would have been better off leaving my truck stock...but there's no fun in that. I use my truck as a truck and mess around sometimes. I don't race light to light though; i let all the idiots do that(which is most people anymore)

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Obviously the bigger 35inch tires cause the trucks to run lower RPMs and extra fuel creates more heat but as you can see the SXE make it all a non issue.

I see you referencing the SXE turbo, but I missed which turbo you ended up with

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Bmcgarvie

Reaction score
I just recently installed a 364.5/74/.91 with ff 180/30 injectors and in every situation this combo is better than my previous 175/80 with a 38r. I would be a little nervous doing the smaller exhaust turbine. In my limited research seemed like the 68 is more of a 5.9 or 6.0 size whereas the 7.3 needs to breathe deep.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I just recently installed a 364.5/74/.91 with ff 180/30 injectors and in every situation this combo is better than my previous 175/80 with a 38r. I would be a little nervous doing the smaller exhaust turbine. In my limited research seemed like the 68 is more of a 5.9 or 6.0 size whereas the 7.3 needs to breathe deep.
If I find it's a choke point or I have crazy back pressure I'll suck it up and change turbos again

I went back and forth for a few days and I wasn't sure if just a 1.5mm smaller compressor wheel would be enough so I made the more drastic change
FWIW I did order the 1.0 turbine housing anyway..

I wish I could try one before I bought, like a mattress--- sleep on it for 90 days lol
Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.