160/100 vs 205/30 Injector Testing

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
And i wouldnt say using 100% nozzles for max power on anything pmr or forged was a wise idea. Especially a 250cc injector. They should have 200% nozzles on them.

Thats exactly what I do. I used to daily the setup for a long commute and the truck would return 17-18mpg on highway commuting. Ive used swamps,ff, and pis for injectors. Pis has been restructured and id probably use a different builder here forward but my hybrids were awesome. No smoky bs at idle, no issues.

Swamps or unlimited would be my choice now.

I am curious as to why you always put down FF injectors?
I had two sets of PIS injectors, both under Tim’s watch before the “restructuring” and both sets were crap and didn’t last 10,000 miles.
I bought FF injectors at that point and not only did the truck make better power, run more quiet, and especially cleaner, it also made 489WHP on the Dyno with the stock fuel pump and fuel bowl. Not to mention, 250,000 miles later, they are still running strong.
I’m not trying to start a debate or anything, just curious why you always put FF injectors down.

INFRNL

Reaction score
I am curious as to why you always put down FF injectors?
I had two sets of PIS injectors, both under Tim’s watch before the “restructuring” and both sets were crap and didn’t last 10,000 miles.
I bought FF injectors at that point and not only did the truck make better power, run more quiet, and especially cleaner, it also made 489WHP on the Dyno with the stock fuel pump and fuel bowl. Not to mention, 250,000 miles later, they are still running strong.
I’m not trying to start a debate or anything, just curious why you always put FF injectors down.

is this with what you have listed in your sig? that seems pretty impressive to me if you are using 180 injectors. I'd be scared to run on a dyno, I've been told that i should be in the 500 or so range, but I would be disappointed to find out I'm only at something like 400-450. be nice to see what my truck really is putting out though.

INFRNL

Reaction score
And i wouldnt say using 100% nozzles for max power on anything pmr or forged was a wise idea. Especially a 250cc injector. They should have 200% nozzles on them.

Thats exactly what I do. I used to daily the setup for a long commute and the truck would return 17-18mpg on highway commuting. Ive used swamps,ff, and pis for injectors. Pis has been restructured and id probably use a different builder here forward but my hybrids were awesome. No smoky bs at idle, no issues.

Swamps or unlimited would be my choice now.

I used to get 17-18 hwy in my 4x4 cclb dually when it was stock with a ts chip (before the hydra existed) I used to get 14-15 in town....ever since I switched to T4, 250 injectors; I get 13 in town.

a member that lives not too far from me (forum names: curtisfrost/pocket) at the time was running 238 injectors/38r said he didn't see a change in city mileage and I believe he said he actually gained a little on the hwy(but my memory of that time is a little fuzzy)

being that I typically drive 4000-6000 miles/yr, not a big deal, but better mileage is always welcomed.

my mind is currently all over the place on thoughts for my truck

Last edited:

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
is this with what you have listed in your sig? that seems pretty impressive to me if you are using 180 injectors. I'd be scared to run on a dyno, I've been told that i should be in the 500 or so range, but I would be disappointed to find out I'm only at something like 400-450. be nice to see what my truck really is putting out though.

Yes sir

INFRNL

Reaction score

thanks, makes me feel like I spent a lot of unnecessary money now, great for you though

did you notice any difference when you installed the strictly/driven diesel banjo bolts? I bought those for my truck but haven't installed them yet.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
thanks, makes me feel like I spent a lot of unnecessary money now, great for you though

did you notice any difference when you installed the strictly/driven diesel banjo bolts? I bought those for my truck but haven't installed them yet.

They came with the Driven Diesel regulated return. So hard to say how much difference they made. The regulated return DEFINITELY helps hold pressure on both my 7.3 and 6.0.

INFRNL

Reaction score
They came with the Driven Diesel regulated return. So hard to say how much difference they made. The regulated return DEFINITELY helps hold pressure on both my 7.3 and 6.0.

thanks. I guess when i get motivated enough to change mine out; i will see if I notice any difference.

jbolen323

Reaction score
Update:

Have another truck taking down to the dyno with 205cc/30% and our kc300x 63/73/84 turbo today. Using a different tuner then normal, updates will follow. Those that are on social media will most likely see the posts as well.

This is going to featured as one of our street setups that can be a great daily / towing setup.

Zeb

Reaction score
Update:

Have another truck taking down to the dyno with 205cc/30% and our kc300x 63/73/84 turbo today. Using a different tuner then normal, updates will follow. Those that are on social media will most likely see the posts as well.

This is going to featured as one of our street setups that can be a great daily / towing setup.

I’m very interested in the results. This is the setup I’m contemplating for my OBS. When I intercooled it I set it up to use a drop in L99-03 turbo. Currently has a stock L99-03 turbo with an OBS compressor wheel, 15* hpop, Stage 1 injectors, and GH tuning.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Why not spend an extra 3 hundo and get the bb turbo with the sxe compressor wheel? In the grand scheme of things, that's really not much more coin.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Honestly... we don't push the BB turbos as hard as we used to.

With the 20 year old garret turbine design all drop in units used spooled like crap down... which the ball bearing turbos really helped to overcome.

Now with these new turbine wheel and compressor wheel designs... we don't hardly notice any difference. In our personal testing we noticed ZERO difference.

So... why spend the extra $300 on a BB unit if you don't see the power and spool up gains. I think it could be put to better use like custom tunes... upgrading to a hydra if you have a TS... newer/better air filter, etc...

If we continue to see such great results from our new KC300x turbos we might even discontinue the BB turbos. We are working on the KC300x V2 for release early next year.

ja_cain

Reaction score

With the 20 year old garret turbine design all drop in units used spooled like crap down... which the ball bearing turbos really helped to overcome.

Now with these new turbine wheel and compressor wheel designs... we don't hardly notice any difference. In our personal testing we noticed ZERO difference.

So... why spend the extra $300 on a BB unit if you don't see the power and spool up gains. I think it could be put to better use like custom tunes... upgrading to a hydra if you have a TS... newer/better air filter, etc...

If we continue to see such great results from our new KC300x turbos we might even discontinue the BB turbos. We are working on the KC300x V2 for release early next year.
I'm confused. Does the 300x have the sxe compressor wheel in it? If so, then I agree with you for sure. I was under the impression that the 300x just had the sxe turbine wheel. Thanks for any clarification!

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I'm confused. Does the 300x have the sxe compressor wheel in it? If so, then I agree with you for sure. I was under the impression that the 300x just had the sxe turbine wheel. Thanks for any clarification!

Sorry for the confusion.
If you are referring the the "kc38r" vs "kc300x"

The only difference now is the ball bearing vs journal bearing

Both now come with all the other upgrades. The shafts are difference because of the ball bearing vs journal bearing... but other than that they are the same.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion.

If you are referring the the "kc38r" vs "kc300x"

The only difference now is the ball bearing vs journal bearing

Both now come with all the other upgrades. The shafts are difference because of the ball bearing vs journal bearing... but other than that they are the same.
Cool. Thanks for the clarification! Your website doesn't describe the compressor wheel as being an SXE replica like the KC38R Tiger Turbo. Just the turbine wheel.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Everyone is so "sxe" crazy right now. Might want to tweak that description a little bit.
2a3d467f8989a301e76ef9d1595a1fb0.jpg

mike_hurd2000

Reaction score

Hi just wonderingif you can kinda of tell us what the difference from the kc300x to the kc300x v2. I was about to buy the kc300x. Just wanted to see what the new turbo was going to be thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Hi just wonderingif you can kinda of tell us what the difference from the kc300x to the kc300x v2. I was about to buy the kc300x. Just wanted to see what the new turbo was going to be thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry... no spoilers as of yet. We will start posting up dynos/pics/track numbers october/november. We don't have anything concrete yet. Still testing.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Everyone is so "sxe" crazy right now. Might want to tweak that description a little bit.
2a3d467f8989a301e76ef9d1595a1fb0.jpg

Thanks man, we need to update a lot of stuff on the site. I will get on that.

Latest posts

Members online