'13 Build for Fireball Run and SEMA

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
did you win the rally or how does that work?
Overall finish was 14th out of 45. Honestly the option to buy our way to the top was there but for what it was, it just didn't make sense.
[URL=http://s171.photobucket.com/user/cumminspastya/media/12_zps69235c11.jpg.html][/URL]

Dude, that truck is F'ing badass! I love the flat black and all the details. Very well thought out build. :drool:
Thank you! Right now there is still some accents i'd like to do but I will keep the thread updated with those

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Ray you did a damn fine job on this truck and the race. What is the paint? Wouldnt happen to be plastidipped would it?

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
After a short break, i'm back to working on this project. Sema isn't too far away. I got the 65gallon Titan tank installed. Here are some poor quality pictures for you
titan_zps8e2f0275.jpg

titan2_zpsa0643f87.jpg

It actually fits very well and installation was very easy and straight forward.

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
Realized today that the older pictures were in a locked album on photobucket. Sorry about that. Lately it has been pretty boring stuff. Lots of wiring and nothing to really take pictures of. The traction bars and airbags in the rear i'm hoping to get to this week. I am running out of time once again and there is a lot to do!

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
Slacking

Well the SEMA crunch got the best of me. It was a series of long nights and no sleep before the show. I ended up fabricating traction bars and the mounts and also the air bag mounts and had to put the DPF back on and do all the painting and detail work. The alarm got reinstalled along with the mounting locations getting changed for all the devices. SEMA said absolutely not on having the guns on display in the case even though the firing pins were removed so we had taken a picture and had a vault sized imagine printed. I installed the Mag Hytec front and rear dif covers which proposed a problem with the mount for the steering stabilizer bracket. The bracket previously used two of the front dif cover bolts to brace the bracket but since the new cover was about a half inch thick, the bracket was modified and bolts to tabs the got welded to the housing. My check in for the show was sunday morning so the truck got driven there saturday night late. Sunday morning the truck was parked and the rest of the day was spent catching up on the much needed rest. Monday morning was spent detailing every square inch of the truck for the show beginning on Tuesday. The response to the truck has been awesome. Everyone seems to love the theme behind it. I am pretty sure I have found the next set of wheels that will be going on the truck when it gets painted, early next year.

Latest posts

Members online