Best Quality EGR Delete

Sins4u33

Reaction score
I know there are a few company's making EGR delete kits, just curious whats everyones experience with them and quality and overall suggestion for an egr delete. Tips and pointers for install are greatly appreciated too.

Thanks,
Ben

uga33

Reaction score
Which tuner do you have? A Spartan will require the ECT sensor to be placed back in the loop. SDP makes a kit for that. I have a delete from Absolute. Fit and finish was nice. As for install, its not too bad. Only advice I have is that if you are going to reroute the coolant flow versus just using a plug, take the grille and passenger side headlight out and its a breeze.

Mpoage

Reaction score
My vote is for the Absolute kit. I ran a standard coolant block off plate for a couple hundred miles and when I switched to the Absolute plate I saw a coolant drop of about 2-4 degrees.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
im a little biased, no limit is all billet and stainless , made in the usa and very fairly priced at $169 . it also includes a 1/4 NPT x 1/8 NPT bushing to allow for either the factory egt probe or and aftermarket egt probe like the edge cts uses.

6_7egrdelete1-500x500.jpg

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Cant go wrong here either.

im a little biased, no limit is all billet and stainless , made in the usa and very fairly priced at $169 . it also includes a 1/4 NPT x 1/8 NPT bushing to allow for either the factory egt probe or and aftermarket egt probe like the edge cts uses.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
I'd recommend the absolute kit. Having a delete plate that allows the coolant to flow through the plate itself will work much better than a standard plate. Coolant Temps in the secondary cooling system will drop quite a bit. Quality is always nice with absolute parts and Steve always takes good care of his customers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

08twinturbo

Reaction score

Not to stir the pot. But what temps are you other guys seeing with the absolute kit? Mine is seeing 195 after running wot. Never any hotter. And that's a few degrees cooler than factory. And I can say anything about quality on the absolute kit. But i can about the no limit. Top notch!

Sins4u33

Reaction score
The Absolute kit seems to be the winner among the board members on here.
but the no limit has its place too it seems.

Thanks everyone for the input!

Ben Y

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The Absolute kit seems to be the winner among the board members on here.
but the no limit has its place too it seems.

Thanks everyone for the input!

Ben Y

agreed. both will continue to sell im sure.

Spindrift

Reaction score
Only advice I have is that if you are going to reroute the coolant flow versus just using a plug, take the grille and passenger side headlight out and its a breeze.

What is the advantage of using the reroute kit vs. the plugs?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
What is the advantage of using the reroute kit vs. the plugs?

keeps you from :

A. dead heading the coolant systems and,
B. running the risk of having caps corrode and break. I haven't personally ever heard of it happening but it can I guess. my truck still has the caps from my original H&S kit with no issues.

powerstroke22

Reaction score
I went with the Sinister kit, I like the blue lol

egrdeletenewford.1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Not going to tell you how to spend your money but for future reference try to buy from a vendor on here, they make some awesome pieces and they keep this place what it is so we can enjoy it.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Not going to tell you how to spend your money but for future reference try to buy from a vendor on here, they make some awesome pieces and they keep this place what it is so we can enjoy it.

I understand. The reason I went with them was I bought local from a dealer that stocked them.
I don't think there is one vendor on this site from canada with those products.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.