No Limit 6.7 Intercooler Testing

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the first unit to be run other than the prototype in my truck, which I have not tested other than fit and seal . This test was done by logan @ centex diesel in texas on his 2015 dually. mods as listed :

No Limit Off Road SCT
No Limit 5" Cold Air Intake
No Limit EGR Delete
No Limit CCV
Flo Pro 4" exhaust

Specs on the Intercooler are right at 30% flow increase in core, and bigger end tanks with better flow angles, and made right here in America.

We haven't done any egt testing as of yet , but the egt drop at cruising speeds seems to be almost 100* with an average of 560* at 70 mph on the highway. We will do a lot more testing with centex and morgan @ Midwest for detailed data numbers with different turbo's and fueling situations.

The horsepower and tq numbers are very impressive , as well he has stated that the increase in throttle response and increase in spool is shockingly awesome.

the unit compared to stock ic -

6_7IC_comparison.jpg

and the back to back comparison on the dyno -

6_7IC_Dyno_Logan.jpg

to say the least I am very pleased with the results on a tune only truck, and if you have seen the factory cooler , you would see they left a lot to be desired.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
that thing is sexy!! nice gains and a job well done sir!! how come there is a difference in the two smaller port locations?

live life full throttle

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
that thing is sexy!! nice gains and a job well done sir!! how come there is a difference in the two smaller port locations?

live life full throttle

good eye ! had to, to keep cost effective and the way the tanks were set. it will include new coolant hoses.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Very clean and nice gains..! You will sell a ton of these things.

HD F250

Reaction score
Nice clean and effective product as usual Mikey. I am really starting to want a 6.7, but it will have to wait until I get a new job after retirement. We will push these at shop if we get any 6.7's too.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Not that it's a big deal but does that 2nd battery need to be removed to make this fit or just pulled out for installation purposes?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Not that it's a big deal but does that 2nd battery need to be removed to make this fit or just pulled out for installation purposes?

Doesn't need to be removed at all. There was measuring going on . Swap is about 30 minutes or less.

redwhitenblue

Reaction score
That's a really nice looking intercooler! What are the difference in core dimensions stock compared to yours? It should definitely be good for EGT's especially at high boost.

One question, as a dyno owner its hard to not say that those runs aren't a good comparison at all since the stock IC run starts very late in the power curve well after our engines make peak torque. Lets see the two runs starting from the same drum speed. To be fair, it is rare that an intercooler upgrade make dyno numbers unless it is a major restriciton, but on the track we see a nice improvement in IAT's and I have no doubt yours will, as well.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
That's a really nice looking intercooler! What are the difference in core dimensions stock compared to yours? It should definitely be good for EGT's especially at high boost.

One question, as a dyno owner its hard to not say that those runs aren't a good comparison at all since the stock IC run starts very late in the power curve well after our engines make peak torque. Lets see the two runs starting from the same drum speed. To be fair, it is rare that an intercooler upgrade make dyno numbers unless it is a major restriciton, but on the track we see a nice improvement in IAT's and I have no doubt yours will, as well.

that test was independent by a customer, I had nothing to do with it, but if said customer reports substantial throttle response gain, that certainly verifies a similar finding. I have a lot more testing to do with big turbo's and more fuel.

what dyno do you own? welcome to PSA .

redwhitenblue

Reaction score
Dynojet 424xlc^2 with dual eddy current brakes. I'll be happy to get you accurate repeatable dyno charts if you'd like. Data and procedure is king in the racing world.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Dynojet 424xlc^2 with dual eddy current brakes. I'll be happy to get you accurate repeatable dyno charts if you'd like. Data and procedure is king in the racing world.

well this isn't the racing world. but thanks !

madman1234509

Reaction score
He makes a valid point as far as the dyno data for that graph goes... But honestly it doesn't make a difference. Just by looking at the size and design of it, you know its going to pick up power. I think where you'll see it excell is when you have bigger than stock turbo guys who start trying to flow more, and create more heat. I bet you'll see gains continue to increase where the stock cooler will drop off and begin to choke the airflow or become heat soaked.