Subwoofer options and enclosures

02bigstrokin

Reaction score
Whats out there for the 2014 trucks with power slider. I've got jl components for front and rear, slash 1000.1 sub amp, slash 300.4 high amp, clean sweep, jl wires etc. I actually have a jl 13w7 that one of my good friends was going to be building a full custom center console for but he left the shop where he's at and there's not many people I trust cutting up my truck. So I'm thinking maybe tone it down a little for a while till maybe later on he has time to finish what we started. Just looking to see what everybody is doing. Thanks

Spatel23

Reaction score
I just had 2 JL 10TW3s put in behind my back seat and it's great. Plenty of bass. Running hertz amps and components also.

02bigstrokin

Reaction score
2 si mkiv's in a audio enhancers box. best bass ive ever herd in the crew cabs ive had about 5 different sub/amp setups

Had never heard of them till you mentioned it. Did a little research and they seem to have great reviews. Do they do decent with low notes for a shallow sub?

The Butcher

Reaction score
I'm going with a Slash 600/1 and two 12TW3 behind the rear seat. Focal front stage off factory head unit. Not a full out system, but should sound better than what's in there now. Thinking about going up to 1200/1 slash in case I want to run TW5s later, but likely will just stay with the TW3s and the 600/1. Should have it done by Friday, so I'll post back once I have fired it up and listened a bit.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
The mkivs provide exceptional low end. I would say the most and most well defined of any shallow out. The biggest thing for me is they are so linear you cant place them if i turn and look at the passenger window it sounds like all the bass is coming from my front 6.5" which i love i cant stand my soundstage being pulled back.

Their being powered by a rf t1500bdcp 1200 at 4ohms gain set at 1/3, fronts are morel hybrid 602's powered by a rf t600.4 which does 400 at 4ohms bridged gain set at 1/3 and man does it scream and beg for more. Best sounding system ive had to date and ive had plenty 10+
CBCED651-1BB6-49D3-8208-4CC79EC44FC7.jpg

EDD93977-00E4-4891-B22B-2E76030CEF1C.jpg

Last edited:

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
i have the 2 rf amps mounted in the storage trey. they ended up fitting perfectly.. used a hole saw to cut holes in the front to allow air in to cool the amps.

tommy1005

Reaction score
I'm going with a Slash 600/1 and two 12TW3 behind the rear seat. Focal front stage off factory head unit. Not a full out system, but should sound better than what's in there now. Thinking about going up to 1200/1 slash in case I want to run TW5s later, but likely will just stay with the TW3s and the 600/1. Should have it done by Friday, so I'll post back once I have fired it up and listened a bit.

I'd recommend going with the xd 1000/5 and bi-amping those Focals. High end speakers on factory power is wasted money. The 1000/5 will give you 600 to the subs and 200 to each door. It will rock. I have the 1000/5 powering my front doors with the rear channels open and the sub channel driving a 10TW3 and it rocks pretty well. If I had to do it again I'd go with just a single 12TW3. I did Audison Voce's for the front stage and was debating between those and Focal K2's. The sound is smooth and loud and the sub plays plenty low, I'd just like a little more output when I crank the volume.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Here is the sub box I made. It has 1ft^3 of air space, fits behind the seat and holds the amp. Sounds plenty good for me. I know its not the nicest equipment out there but I just wanted a little more base than the factory sub could offer. Has a continuous power RF mono 500 watt amp and a RF P3S 12" sub. I do wish it could hit a little harder. For some reason it gets to a point then distorts like crazy and gets super loud till it turn the radio volume back down

IMG_0220_zps9bf164ab.jpg

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The mkivs provide exceptional low end. I would say the most and most well defined of any shallow out. The biggest thing for me is they are so linear you cant place them if i turn and look at the passenger window it sounds like all the bass is coming from my front 6.5" which i love i cant stand my soundstage being pulled back.

Their being powered by a rf t1500bdcp 1200 at 4ohms gain set at 1/3, fronts are morel hybrid 602's powered by a rf t600.4 which does 400 at 4ohms bridged gain set at 1/3 and man does it scream and beg for more. Best sounding system ive had to date and ive had plenty 10+
CBCED651-1BB6-49D3-8208-4CC79EC44FC7.jpg

EDD93977-00E4-4891-B22B-2E76030CEF1C.jpg

love the sub setup , was there a reason you couldn't install the tweeters inside the door pillar ?

Tedorama

Reaction score
I Running a complete stealth system so you cant notice my equipment either from outside or even when your inside. Keeps the prowlers away is the idea anyway.

I'm running the SPL2K box with JL13WT5 Sub, Hertz HDP1 1000w mono for sub, Hertz HDP4 1000W(250wx4), I had them mounted in the large storage tray under the seat and have 2 12V computer box fans to push and pull air to keep them cool for the long road trips as I like it Loud and Clean.

So I can use the Factory Nav head unit I'm using an Audison Bit10d signal Processor with remote hidden inside the sunglass holder, 4 German Maestro 6x9 speakers(I'm a Porsche Guy too), The installers said it was the cleanest sounding Super Duty they've heard without modifying the OEM equipment enclosures and spending under $10k. I purchased all the equipment online and only paid them for labor and wiring and tuning is done with a laptop.

Latest posts

Members online