Elite Diesel Twin Tube Intercooler Pipes anyone running this?

JCROMAN73

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone is running the Elite diesel intercooler twin Tube pipe kit. Im looking to reduce lag and they claim 106 lbs-ft of torque was gained at 1750 rpm. That's impressive if its not just hype. Anyone got any real world experience with this kit? Did it improve lag?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
My intercooler will help. Not a crazy amount but it's definitely noticeable.

NathannialD

Reaction score
Posted numbers for the pipes were from back to back dyno runs, same truck, tune, etc and the only change was swapping the twin tubes and air intake to remove all the factory crap

JCROMAN73

Reaction score
Plus that twin tube kit looks absolutely amazing!

Looks great but apparently no one is running this setup. And the price is too steep to just try it and hope it performs. Seems like a lot of money for what you get. I might just fab up my own setup and see how it performs. I should be able to build this for under $200 bucks.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks great but apparently no one is running this setup. And the price is too steep to just try it and hope it performs. Seems like a lot of money for what you get. I might just fab up my own setup and see how it performs. I should be able to build this for under $200 bucks.

just depends what your time is worth, as well the cost you will incur machining the flanges, boots , clamps etc. what material are you using? i assume you're an accomplished tig welder? post pics when you're done !

JCROMAN73

Reaction score
just depends what your time is worth, as well the cost you will incur machining the flanges, boots , clamps etc. what material are you using? i assume you're an accomplished tig welder? post pics when you're done !

I don't know if you could out tig weld the guys at Elite. Just my $.02 or "stacking dimes" I should say

$900 bucks can cover a lot of my time. Its just 6061 aluminum tubing, some flanges, and some boots. Its not rocket science. The y pipe and the flanges are the only thing that really has to be welded and the y pipe can actually be purchased already made in any size you want. I have a local professional tig welder that can do the welding. Might cost me $100 bucks. Im not sure if any of its worth doing as seems no one is running this with a stock 2015 setup to confirm its even a big improvement. I just want to get rid of as much lag as possible. If gains some power and mileage well that's great too. Don't know that it will be enough improvement to be worth it or not no matter if I make it or buy it. Until I do some more research. It seems to me though if this was the cats meow to help with lag that more people would be talking about it and more companies would be making these kits. I already pretty much threw away $400 bucks in tunes that don't work on my truck I can't really afford to dump another $1100 in something that might just be a marginal improvement. Although it does look cool and really cleans up the engine bay.

Last edited:

gfulton

Reaction score
$900 bucks can cover a lot of my time. Its just 6061 aluminum tubing, some flanges, and some boots. Its not rocket science. The y pipe and the flanges are the only thing that really has to be welded and the y pipe can actually be purchased already made in any size you want. I have a local professional tig welder that can do the welding. Might cost me $100 bucks. Im not sure if any of its worth doing as seems no one is running this with a stock 2015 setup to confirm its even a big improvement. I just want to get rid of as much lag as possible. If gains some power and mileage well that's great too. Don't know that it will be enough improvement to be worth it or not no matter if I make it or buy it. Until I do some more research. It seems to me though if this was the cats meow to help with lag that more people would be talking about it and more companies would be making these kits. I already pretty much threw away $400 bucks in tunes that don't work on my truck I can't really afford to dump another $1100 in something that might just be a marginal improvement. Although it does look cool and really cleans up the engine bay.

I'll put Nathannial up aganist anybody ..........

psduser1

Reaction score
all i have seen is your steel artwork.

live life full throttle

I can weld anything...

Mostly ferrous, of course, but ally isn't that hard.
I say this knowing that elite has to make money on the product they're selling. Actually had a long winded post, and deleted it, in the interest of fair play.
Just a dumb pipefitter here.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I can weld anything...

Mostly ferrous, of course, but ally isn't that hard.
I say this knowing that elite has to make money on the product they're selling. Actually had a long winded post, and deleted it, in the interest of fair play.
Just a dumb pipefitter here.
right on

live life full throttle

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I'm running Morgan's stainless intake y pipe kit and love it! If I bought another truck I'd buy it again. Works great with mikes stage 2 intake.

JCROMAN73

Reaction score
WTF guys? how the hell did this turn into a war about quality, welding and fab skills? No where did I say I could build it nicer or better than elite. I only said I could build it cheaper. Geesh.