2015 lag vs 2014

theplumber

Reaction score
Hello.
I want to know why the 2015 lag on start vs 2014 ?
My 2014 was very fast on start and now even whit a good tune my 15 are long to boost on start.
Thanks

Envoyé de mon iPhone

jcain

Reaction score
Matt @ gearhead has the swap tunes dialed right in. You couldn't tell the difference on the bottom other than a little more smoke. And the top end was clearly better.

The 15s having the bigger pump should really be able to spool up faster than an 11-14. If they don't, it's clearly tune related.

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Matt @ gearhead has the swap tunes dialed right in. You couldn't tell the difference on the bottom other than a little more smoke. And the top end was clearly better.

The 15s having the bigger pump should really be able to spool up faster than an 11-14. If they don't, it's clearly tune related.

Can you give me a reference to how soon it builds boost? Like 10psi by 1700rpm...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Can you give me a reference to how soon it builds boost? Like 10psi by 1700rpm...

id say thats asking alot of that turbo. id say closer to 1900 on a great day. the old trade off ! its no 7.3 thats for sure LOL

jcain

Reaction score
All mine would do from a dig is blow the tires off. From any gear, tc locked, I'd have 25+lbs by 1600ish Matt had me limited to 30psi until 2100 or so and then it'd grab another 5 or 6 lbs.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
All mine would do from a dig is blow the tires off. From any gear, tc locked, I'd have 25+lbs by 1600ish Matt had me limited to 30psi until 2100 or so and then it'd grab another 5 or 6 lbs.

wow thats very impressive. this was with the 2015 turbo ?

jngreen

Reaction score
I don't think it will be 100% the same feel as the stocker but the right tuning will get it close.

I may be wrong but I don't think the OP has swapped anything. I believe he is talking about his stock 2015 truck which may not even be tuned.

theplumber

Reaction score

Grarhead don't tune 15 ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone

sootie

Reaction score
Blow the tires off from any gear.......cmon now lets be realistic. I have a 15 which does have lag but i like it reminds me of a real diesel

wow-comprehend much? There was some punctuation in that sentence...

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I agree with Jon about the Gearhead tuning with the swap on the older trucks, tune is awesome!! Also getting to the plumbers original question, it sucks Gearhead doesn't tune the 15 because I'm sure it'd run fantastic but the truck will be a little laggier because of the larger single compressor wheel. The 11-14 dual wheel would light way faster than the 15 turbo but it was a gamble if it would live or not much above stock boost, I was lucky enough to eat one and swap to the 15 without engine damage and knowing how good the truck runs with the 15 turbo, I'm glad the sticker $hit the bed!! Maybe Gearhead will start tuning the 15s for people who used their tunes on the 11-14s in the future?

Keith

Dzchey21

Reaction score
If the tuning is good it should make 10 psi at about 1400 rpm or so, or at least my 64mm street max does. yes there is more lag right off the bottom but man they pull so much better throughout the power band.

Im pretty happy I didn't buy a 2015 and stuck with the 2012 with an upgrade, tuning seems to be a non issue on the older trucks.

Latest posts

Members online