Stopped early on in a 2015 egr delete

jwanck11

Reaction score
The 2015 is clearly different and there do not seem to be any instructions on the net that I can find.

If someone has a link to what to do with the coolant lines, it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Otherwise, I am going to have to reverse the process - and that would suck.

jwanck11

Reaction score
I have the 15 kit. several questions:

Are the hoses I am pointing at connected by the barb?
A00907AA-CE76-4FD8-882B-2301FFE7F914_zpsjohf5btz.jpg

Is the supplied rad hose joining these 2 fittings:
A3A2E59D-A22D-4E90-A788-153D6DA9EA48_zpsiudzrrie.jpg

4EFA5994-B7EA-4125-852F-2347E56B6BD3_zps6gfawwvf.jpg

Where does this slip fitting connector end of the retro hose get connected?

59682896-E516-425A-81E9-568FAFF249FD_zpsbowhlurj.jpg

The other end of the retro hose... is this correct? This gets connected to the pipe that is coming up from the valley of the engine.
D7188989-4BA4-4B99-8402-CC343AA607FD_zpsfyotkyfk.jpg

Finally, where does the slip fitting on the end of the hose that comes up from behind the engine (that used to plug into the passenger side port of the erg cooler) go?? In this picture it is still connected to the egr.
3EB22443-D968-41C4-95B0-8974141FAAFC_zpsvp3xjw4l.jpg

jwanck11

Reaction score
I wish there were good directions... I am happy to update this thread with pictures if I could get a couple of answers. Thanks!

hunter_.b

Reaction score
No limit has directions on their website. Click on egr delete 2015 scroll to the bottom of the page

jwanck11

Reaction score
Thanks Hunter. The directions do not apply for a 2015. They are only for the 11-14. I emailed Mike and got that response. I realize it's a holiday weekend, while I am stuck with my engine apart. I would just put it back together and wait for a reply that actually helps, but would rather only drain the coolant once.

The coolant line routing is very different for the 2015's. If anyone with a 15 has deleted, please help!!!

oxcobra

Reaction score
I did mine last night with the no limit kit and it was pretty straight forward. Finished in an hour and a half.

The supplied barb fitting goes to the the small hoses that are in the T connector. One of the hoses runs to the overflow on the driver side and one runs to the tank mounted to the front on the passenger side. The large push fitting the runs around the back of the block and connects to the heater core ends up connecting back to the metal Coolant line that comes up by the turbo on the passenger side

jwanck11

Reaction score
Thank you! Did you remove the wheel well liner?

The other supplied radiator hose goes from the overflow tank down to just above the temp gauge.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you! Did you remove the wheel well liner?

The other supplied radiator hose goes from the overflow tank down to just above the temp gauge.

sorry john the ammended page for 2015 hasnt gotten done yet, because i dont have a 15' here. i have one of my dealers doing that this week. i'm out of town and havent had much of a chance to get online nor am i near my truck to send you pictures. its a bit like lego's , hopefully you got it figured out !

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
If you don't have it figured out post up and I'll take a pic of mine in the morning

jwanck11

Reaction score
I believe I have it figured out... A pict would be great though. Two things I ran into.

1) How do I get the clamps off the smaller hoses? There is no way to pinch them open. Did you just cut the hoses?
2) Once you remove the 10mm nut that holds the pressure line bracket, how do you get the bracket over the stud?

To get this done in 1.5 hours start to finish is simply incredible. I will be back at it first thing in the AM.

uga33

Reaction score
1) I cut those clamps with side cutters.

2) Eastiest way to get to 10mm nut and remove line (for me because of my size) is to take the tire and fender liner out. All the room in the world then.

When I did my first one, my arms were long enough to come up through by the downpipe and get it. If you take the liner and tire off, an hour and a half is very achievable.

jwanck11

Reaction score
Thanks! I will be cutting them off too.

What's nice for the '15s is that the 10mm nut that holds the pressure line bracket and the last stud holding on the egr cooler are coupled.

First, you have to undo the 10mm nut and lift the bracket out of the way with a long screw driver - then there is a 12mm stud that was underneath the 10mm nut that is the last stud holding down the egr cooler. I used my 1/4 inch drive, a 9" extension, a 3" extension, a knuckle and a deep socket to get at the 12mm stud.

Like I've said, the '15's are very different than all before...

oxcobra

Reaction score
I don't know why yall are having to take the fender liner out?the hose that wraps around the head and under the pcm harness does not have to be removed completely, it gets plugged back in

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I had to completely change mine. I had a whole new hose from the heater core to top of the head.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
My original didn't have the barb sticking straight up to reattach the small hose to.

jwanck11

Reaction score
The original does not have the small vertical nipple to connect the overflow line and had to be replaced.

The only way to get it is from underneath by partially removing the wheel well liner. Mine (original hose connector that goes to the heater core) was a real pita to get off. There is a foam gasket and the connector was sunk into that and into the firewall. I used my finger for the top pinch and a screwdriver to depress the clip on the bottom.

Last edited:

jwanck11

Reaction score
The thing I feel lucky about - other than the new fitting leaking the way I was tooling on the old one lol - was not scuffing the coolant ports on the manifold. The top locator pin stayed with the egr cooler as it came out and could have ripped into the rubber gasket. I had no idea that was going on working the unit out. Also, I took my time and watched the rail, too.

It amazed me how little room there is in the engine bay of an F350.

Latest posts

Members online