What do I have?!? 13 6.7 Dually

TLyons90

Reaction score
Wondering if anybody can give me some insight on what I might have going on here. I bought my truck used about a month ago and it is a 2013 F350 Dually. Obviously when I got the truck I knew it was not at stock ride height. The guy from the dealership claimed it was a 4.5" kit and judging by the front end pieces, it is a Rough Country lift. My question however is the rear suspension/leaf pack. Every year dually I look at it seems they only have roughly 5 leafs including the overloads in the back. I clearly have way more than that but no idea what leaf pack, what brand, or anything of that nature. The truck has a very rough ride compared to a stock F350 which would make since by the rear leaf pack but just wanting to see if anybody knew off hand what these are and where they come from. Thanks!

Yes I know rust... :doh:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 203
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    971.4 KB · Views: 164

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Damn that is one janky lift block. I would get a hold of some factory springs and use a real lift block that also encapsulates the u bolts like the OUO ones do with some 3/4 u bolts and I will ride so much better and be way safer, hell you don't even have a bump stop on that block so nothing stops your wheels from coming up and taking out your fenders.

strokin20

Reaction score
Thats what my Rough Country lift block looked like in my 3" kit. I'd get ya a picture, but i just traded my truck in on a 17. Same block though, just smaller.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TLyons90

Reaction score
Damn that is one janky lift block. I would get a hold of some factory springs and use a real lift block that also encapsulates the u bolts like the OUO ones do with some 3/4 u bolts and I will ride so much better and be way safer, hell you don't even have a bump stop on that block so nothing stops your wheels from coming up and taking out your fenders.

Appreciate the comments! Been considering finding some factory springs but not having much luck. Definitely in need of some different lift blocks.

Thats what my Rough Country lift block looked like in my 3" kit. I'd get ya a picture, but i just traded my truck in on a 17. Same block though, just smaller.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Figured it was a rough country setup.

PDT1081

Reaction score
Appreciate the comments! Been considering finding some factory springs but not having much luck. Definitely in need of some different lift blocks.

Figured it was a rough country setup.

Look at the ends of the springs and see if they are all the same shape. Those may be factory with an add-a-leaf.

TLyons90

Reaction score
Shape of the ends. Last add-a-leaf I saw had square ends, where the factory leaves had the sharp corners trimmed off.

Ahh, ok. I will have to look and maybe snap a picture. From just looking it appears the upper overload setup is defiantly different from OEM since usually its only 1 leaf on top of the pack and mine has 3.

NEVRNF

Reaction score
1st thing I see is it has a Gooseneck hitch. The overloads have extra leafs to handle the hitch weight. This tells me the truck towed heavy all the time. I had this done to my 99 when I was snowplowing and had a V box salter with 2 ton of salt in the bed all winter.
I agree the block is ugly. I would find a lift block from ICON or PMF that has the same height and still retains the ear for the bump stop.

TLyons90

Reaction score
1st thing I see is it has a Gooseneck hitch. The overloads have extra leafs to handle the hitch weight. This tells me the truck towed heavy all the time. I had this done to my 99 when I was snowplowing and had a V box salter with 2 ton of salt in the bed all winter.
I agree the block is ugly. I would find a lift block from ICON or PMF that has the same height and still retains the ear for the bump stop.

I noticed the gooseneck as well, but it appears to still have factory paint on it from not having a ball put in. However I was told the guy was a pipe fitter so I believe he used the truck as a welding setup in the bed, there fore added weight and having the heavier duty overloads.

When people keep saying the blocks are ugly, what do you mean by that? I figured blocks were blocks even tho these don't have the bump stop ears on them. Thanks!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
might just be the angle of the dangle but those blocks look like they are almost ready to collaps.. very cheap way to do a lift and not the safest.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Aldo looks like they stuffed a couple add a leafs in there by the looks of the middle 3 springs being different colors.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.